Can an Identity fill in my full name?

Options
Ward
Ward
Community Member

My first use of an Identity filled in an eSellerate shopping cart billing form like magic.

My second use missed the mark on a simple four-field form: Net Neutrality Brief

My first name appears in the "Your name" field, with the other three filled in correctly.

I tried adding "name" and "your name" fields to the Identification portion of my Identity, but that didn't help.

I considered creating a duplicate Identity with my first and last names in the "first name" field. Before I do that, is there a way to get an Identify to fill in both my first and last names when a form has a single name field?

– Ward

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:identity full name

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @Ward,

I think the issue here is we use certain rules of thumb to determine what field we should fill certain information into. I can certainly ask if it's possible but at the moment it won't attempt to concatenate the first and last name when it identifies a single field like the example you gave. It will all depend if the number of rules we have is a bit like a house of cards (dealing with websites is actually one heck of a challenge) or if it's pretty robust and will cope with a new addition. For the moment though your idea of a duplicate card with both names in one field is probably the easiest route, that or opening up the entry again from within 1Password mini and copying the single field to paste after what was already filled.

This discussion has been closed.