Slow launch and unlock times in iOS 9

Options

Comments

• jacmichel
    jacmichel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Some more info regarding the slow launch of 1PW6 on iPhone6+ and iOS9.
    Instant opening of same vaults on my iPad 3 iOS 9 and 1 Password 6.01.
    Is it therefore more a iOS9 orientated fault or a 1Password6 one, as 1Password 5.5, which I have now reinstalled instead of 6.01, works smoothly on my iPhone 6+, iPad3 and iOS9.
    Waiting for a definite answer before reinstalling 1Password 6.

• jacmichel
    jacmichel
    Community Member
    Options

Latest info after latest iOS9.01update.
    1Password 6.01 still needs 12 sec. to reach Touch ID login and another 18 sec. after that to get to 1PW main screen on iPhone 6+ 128Gb.
    Confirmed no more crashes after 1PW6.01
    Waiting for iOS 9.1 to see if it improves.
    In the meantime that slowness is very annoying.

• Hi @jacmichel

Could you please send us a diagnostic report?

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• Edonline
    Edonline
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Same problem on my new iPhone 6s...

Before with my iPhone 6 and still now on my iPad Air 2 (iOS 9.0.1) just 2 seconds to identify by TouchID and reach the menu...

On my new iPhone 6s (iOS 9.0.1 and sync by DropBox) about 15-20 seconds to have the 1Password Authentification field then after TouchID again 10 seconds to have the menu...

Just a nightmare!

• Hi @Edonline,

I'm very sorry to hear that you too are experiencing this slowness. Our developers are looking into the cause. Could you please send us a diagnostic report as outlined in this post?

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/236001/#Comment_236001

Thanks!

Ben

• batcats
    batcats
    Community Member
    Options

I too have this problem on both my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s Plus. This delay (or simply crashes before touch prompt) is around 15 seconds then another 15-20 seconds before the app opens. Touch ID option also sometimes is simply missing. iOS 9 in general has been a big filled mess of a release. I did clean installs of both devices and no help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I too have this problem on both my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s Plus. This delay (or simply crashes before touch prompt) is around 15 seconds then another 15-20 seconds before the app opens. Touch ID option also sometimes is simply missing.

@batcats: Sometimes?! :scream:

I'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble with 1Password 6 and iOS 9 in general! I've actually found the opposite to be true. :unamused:

We definitely want to get to the bottom of this unlock issue which seems to be affecting some poor unfortunate souls, and if you can send a diagnostic report and to support+forums@agilebits.com it may help us find a solution:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)*

*In 1Password Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings, enable App, Agile Keychain, Cloud Keychain, Crypto, Database, Dropbox (if applicable), Keychain, Lock, Replicator, SQLite, Sync, an UI Lock

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Thanks in advance!

• Edonline
    Edonline
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff I have sent the diagnostic report as asked...

With 500 passwords in 1Password, I hope you will find a solution quickly!

• Thanks for the report, @Edonline!

ref: OPI-3091

• Edonline
    Edonline
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff Same problem with iOS 9.0.2 on my iPhone 6s (about 15” to launch, then 10” to reach the menu if I use TouchID) AND still working normally on my iPad Air 2 (with iOS 9.0.2)!

• Thanks Edonline.

I've left a note on the bug report to update this thread as further information becomes available.

• Arnoud
    Arnoud
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Really hope you find a solution soon. I'm not using 1Password on my phone anymore. It's still crashing with 1P 6.01 and iOS 9.0.2. It's faster to walk to a desktop, open 1Password there and retype the password shown on the desktop (even with 22 random characters). Very frustrating.

(Yes, I sent a report, and the issue was sent from a junior (?) to a senior developer almost two weeks ago.)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @Arnoud. Unfortunately I don't have any new information to share at this point. Our developers are investigating the root cause of the issue.

• judithdrive
    judithdrive
    Community Member
    Options

I have the reverse of @Edonline's problem (Comment 237697): with TouchID my iPhone 6S (9.0.2) is fast and smooth, but my iPad Air 2 (9.0.2) is about 30 seconds total, and occasionally hangs twice and crashes on the third try. I have many more apps on my iPad (128 GB) than on my iPhone (64 GB). It's almost as if 1Password is polling installed apps and getting an uncaught malformed response.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @judithdrive. I take it you've tried turning Touch ID within 1Password off and then back on?

• judithdrive
    judithdrive
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, @bwoodruff. While TouchID is off, same delay before the password window, but no delay after. But then both delays reappear when I turn it back on.

Good luck to the team for finding this one. Excellent product vision and sharp execution to market. I know they'll get it working in no time. I can wait.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@judithdrive: Thanks for your kind words and support! The development team is on the case. :)

• Arnoud
    Arnoud
    Community Member
    Options

I have many more apps on my iPad (128 GB) than on my iPhone (64 GB). It's almost as if 1Password is polling installed apps and getting an uncaught malformed response.

@judithdrive If that would be the issue, it makes sense. I have almost 1000 apps on my iPhone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Arnoud: Indeed. It's an interesting theory, but I'm not sure that it holds water. I am the president of App Addicts Anonymous (and I'm also a client) and for some reason I'm not experiencing this issue on my iPhone. That's anecdotal, but 1Password isn't going to be polling the apps on your device. This isn't something that iOS allows, and I'm not sure that it would serve any useful purpose anyway.

@judithdrive: Since you're not experiencing this on your shiny new iPhone 6S, can you tell me something: Did you restore that device from an existing backup (perhaps an old iPhone), or was it set up as a brand new device (no app or data restore)? Thanks in advance! :)

• Arnoud
    Arnoud
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

This isn't something that iOS allows, and I'm not sure that it would serve any useful purpose anyway.

@brenty: It's useful for and used by AppZapp :smile: Good to know 1Password is not polling though!

• Mikenyc
    Mikenyc
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. Just got the iPhone 6S+. The slowness is unbearable.

Not as bad on my iPad Air

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brenty: It's useful for and used by AppZapp :smile: Good to know 1Password is not polling though!

@Arnoud: Ah, I was thinking of something else entirely. But indeed, that would be weird and creepy! :dizzy:

Same issue here. Just got the iPhone 6S+. The slowness is unbearable.
    Not as bad on my iPad Air

@Mikenyc: I'm sorry you're having trouble too! Just to confirm, it sounds like this is an iPad Air(1) you're referring to? Is it not exhibiting the problem at all, or merely to a lesser degree?

• Mikenyc
    Mikenyc
    Community Member
    Options

It is an iPad Air 1. And I think the reason it isn't as bad because there is no touch id

• Mikenyc
    Mikenyc
    Community Member
    Options

There is no speed issue on my iPad Air 1. Again as I said, I think it is because there is no Touch ID. Is there anyone who has an old iPhone or iPad Air 1 that predates Touch ID AND has a speed issue.

I think you should focus your efforts on Touch ID and possibly iOS9

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It is an iPad Air 1. And I think the reason it isn't as bad because there is no touch id

@Mikenyc: Thanks so much for confirming! I wanted to be completely sure, but youre right: so far all the unlock issues seem to involve iOS 9 and Touch ID. Thanks for your patience while we continue to look for a solution.

• jacmichel
    jacmichel
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with these suggestions.
    My iPad 3 64Gb iOS9 and of course no TouchID has no speed problems with launching 1Password whereas my iPhone6+ 128 Gb has!
    30seconds to wait for launching 1Password with or without TouchID involved (see my numerous comments and reports sent in September).
    Hope you can solve this as I am getting very impatient to use a decent 1Password.
    Keep working hard :-)

• johnwallis
    johnwallis
    Community Member
    Options

I've only just come across this thread, (due to my bad searching!) and have posted another thread, but had no acknowledgement there.

I too have similar problems with 1Password Pro on my iPad (ios9, non touch i/d).

I've just emailed support with a bit of a rant, which I'm slightly embarrassed about

• johnwallis
    johnwallis
    Community Member
    Options

And to add to my embarrassment, I've just had an email reply from support, for which, thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

We certainly understand how frustrating this sort of bug can be. Our developers are working hard on tracking it down and resolving it. Unfortunately I don't have further information to share at the moment.

Thanks.

Ben

• jacmichel
    jacmichel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again, I have just installed your latest fix v6.02
    It solves part of the problem.
    When TouchID is not set, I just have to enter my long and complicated main password, and it is as it used to be, fast, on my iPhone 6+ 128Gb

But if I set Touch ID to on , then it is slow again to launch as with v6.01 (about 12 second wait)
    I have sent a diagnostic file.

This seems to be a tough problem as I do not want to enter my long pasSword all the time!

Keep working hard :-)

This discussion has been closed.