Renaming Other Vaults in Dropbox

Options
fit4health
fit4health
Community Member

Within my workgroup, I named 1Password files based on the username so I can easily identify them.
Two questions:
1) can I rename a secondary vault within 1Password?
2) If I rename the actual 1Password file in Dropbox will it cause problems for the user?

Comments

• Jacob
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hey @fit4health,

It is currently not possible to rename a vault in 1Password. It has been requested, though. To keep things organized, you can rename the .agilekeychain file in Dropbox without anything happening to your vault. Here's another forum post with info on multiple vaults in Dropbox: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/139957/#Comment_139957

Hope this helps. :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fit4health,

Although there's no option within 1Password to rename a secondary vault, there's actually a workaround which is very simple, as long as that vault is already syncing with Dropbox. Just open 1Password and switch to that vault, then delete it (go to the menu for 1Password > Delete [vault name] Vault). Then go to your Dropbox folder (in the Finder) and double-click the .agilekeychain for that vault. 1Password will prompt you to add that vault, and you'll need to enter a new vault name, and the existing master password for that vault. At that point, you can enter the name you'd like (the .agilekeychain will retain the old name though).

Keep in mind this will only make the change on your Mac, it won't affect the name of that vault for anyone else who syncs with it.

Also, renaming the .agilekeychain file in Dropbox shouldn't cause problems, but it won't change the name of that vault in the 1Password app.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.