Search results only show software in App; works in mini/browser [working after clean OS X install]

DianeoforegonDianeoforegon Junior Member
edited September 2015 in 1Password 6 Beta

When I select "All Items" and search, nothing shows but my Software Licenses.
If I sort all items by category, I can see all my items, but search still fails.
Selecting by Categories shows data but search still brings up only software licenses.

Search in Mini and in browser extension finds my items.

1Password Version: 1Password 5 Version 5.4
Extension Version: BETA-41 (540041)
OS Version: OS X 10.11 El Capitan (15A282a)
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:search all items

Comments

• DianeoforegonDianeoforegon Junior Member

Updated to OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan public beat (15B17c). No change in search results.

• Drew_AGDrew_AG 1Password Alumni

Hi @Dianeoforegon,

Since you're using a beta version of 1Password for Mac, I've moved your message to our Mac Beta forum. I hope you don't mind!

So, it sounds like this problem is only happening in the main 1Password app, but works as expected in the extension & mini? If so, please open the main 1Password app, click in the Search field, then click the magnifying glass icon in that field. You should see options for Search Major Fields and Search All Fields. Which one is currently selected? If it's set to only search major fields, try selecting the Search All Fields setting instead, then try your search again. Does that make any difference?

When search failed yesterday that was the first thing I checked. Yes, it's set to "All Fields". Just updated to build 42, I'm still getting nothing but apps in search. Sounds like something is corrupt in the search preferences.

• sjksjk oversoul

Team Member

Hi @Dianeoforegon,

Thanks for checking that. I'm wondering if this might be related to the issue you reported last month:

Temporary missing data in app

At this point I'd like to get a Diagnostics Report and see what that reveals. Please refer to instructions in that other thread. If there's some type of trouble with the database it's best to get that fixed up as soon as possible. Thanks!

Just sent my report.

• sjksjk oversoul

Team Member

Your email with the report has arrived, @Dianeoforegon – thanks for sending that in! We'll look that over and be following up with you again soon.

ref: PLG-84894-154

This discussion has been closed.