Tapping Done in 1Browser on rMini (portrait layout) only responds 50% of the time

Options
sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: I don't see the globe icon in the new iOS version.

Comments

• macke
    macke
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Maybe it's just me but I have some difficulties to perform the finger click on "Done" in the upper right corner when using the 1Browser on my rMini (always use portrait layout). I would say nothing happens 50% of the time.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @macke,

Here's what I did to try and reproduce the issue that you're describing:

1. Launched 1Password 6 on an iPad mini
    2. Brought up 1Browser by tapping on the "Globe" button.
    3. Went to an arbitrary website.
    4. Hit the "Done" website to dismiss 1Browser.

Result:

1Browser is dismissed all the time.

Can you please tell me if I am missing something?

Best,

• macke
    macke
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Rad,

No you aren't missing anything. For some reason the "Done" link is much harder to hit then for example the key button on the same toolbar. I'm usually quite good at hitting small things on the screen with my fingertip. :) For example I have no problem at all closing tabs in Safari by hitting the small x on the tab. Maybe it is related to that I have "button shapes" enabled in the iOS settings and this link/button does not actually change its shape? I just did some more tries and it seems to work better if I click a little higher then one would except.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@macke: Hmm. I didn't have any trouble actually hitting Done, but I will say that text "buttons" always bother me. I feel like they are harder to hit, even though I don't actually seem to have any trouble doing so. Probably something psychological there. :lol:

I tested your "Button Shapes" theory (good call!) fully expecting that to make a difference, but it didn't. Do you find that you have trouble hitting other targets in that same region (upper right)? It's possible that the calibration or sensor is a bit off. For instance, if you've ever tried to use an iOS device upside down, you'll notice that it's nearly impossible to do so; the input is designed to take into account a forward angle from the bottom up, so whenever you 'touch' an onscreen object, you're actually touching a bit below it, but iOS compensates for this.

Do you have the same issue after restarting your iPad? It isn't nearly the same thing, but after each iOS 9 update so far, the onscreen keyboard has failed to respond to most of my taps until I restarted again; this prevented me from even unlocking the devices — both iPad and iPhone — until I'd restarted them. I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience. At first I thought it was me!

This discussion has been closed.