Doubleclick on systray icon does not give window focus

Options
macke
macke
Community Member
edited September 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

A single click on the lock icon in the system tray opens the 1Password window and gives the window focus. You can directly start typing your master password. This is fine and totally expected. However, if I instead double click the tray icon the 1Password window is opened but does not receive immediate focus and because of that does not receive any input from the keyboard until the window is selected/clicked on. I often do this and typing my full password before realizing nothing happened. This is quite annoying. :( Most other tray enabled applications have one of the following options:

1. Double click on tray icon opens the app and window receives focus. Those apps don't even open at all if you single click.
  2. Single click on tray icon open the app and window receives focus. Double click on a tray icon with this behavior will actually interpret the double click as two single clicks, the first one shows the window and the second one immediately closes it.

If you are going to keep the single click option then you should remove the double click as it does not work as expected.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @macke,

Thanks for the feedback, we'll improve this in the future.

In the meantime, another click would focus the program. If you accidentally double-click, another one will focus it. There's also right-clicking on the icon to select open 1Password that can reduce the chance of double-clicking it.

This discussion has been closed.