Passport availably in web browser

Hi.

When I add Credit Card information there is a checkbox I can enable "Display in web browsers". This makes it possible for me to see it when I open the vault from my web browser (using dropbox).

Now I have added my passport information and want that available also. But here is no checkbox available for the type passport, and I can't see it in the web browser. How come?

Regards,
Magnus

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    1Password does not fill passport information (yet).

• 1Password does not fill passport information (yet).

What do you mean with "does not fill" ? It supports it, because I have used it :)
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2011
    Magnus, welcome to the forum!

Your first screen shot shows how to create a Passport item. 1Password can definitely store your Passport information.

The "display in web browsers" option doesn't appear in a Passport item because 1Password doesn't display Passport items in the browser extensions. That's because 1Password can't use the information stored in a Passport item to fill the fields in a web form, which is what Stefan meant in his reply.

The 1Password extensions for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome currently can fill web forms with information stored in Login items and Credit Card items. The 1Password extension for Chrome can also fill web forms with information stored in Identity items. We expect to add that ability to the extensions for IE and FF in future releases, and Stefan's reply implies that we'll add the ability to fill web forms with information stored in other item types, as well.

In the meantime, you can copy your passport number and other information from your Passport item and paste it into a web form. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I hope that helps clarify things, Magnus. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
  • Ok, I understand.

My question was actually mostly about reaching the passport information from any computer (for example when traveling) by accessing Dropbox and the file:
    "\Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain\1Password.html"

But I suppose the same goes for the browser plugin as the 1Password.html :)

So thanks for your reply, and then I will check for the feature in future releases!

Regards,
    Magnus
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    As far as I know, "display in web browser" has no effect on 1PasswordAnywhere. "display in web browser" is a setting for our browser extensions.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    I believe Stefan is correct. I know of no way to control whether a specific item is visible from the 1PasswordAnywhere view of your data.
This discussion has been closed.