Lost icon for 1P: for iOS

Options
Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: I purchased 1password on my phone but cannot install it on my computer.

Comments

• amyskezas
    amyskezas
    Community Member
    Options

I opened the App store on my phone, opened 1Password (there was no "purchase" choice) and it seemed to install 1Password ( a vault was created, I set a Master Password, entered my thumb for security) but when I restarted my phone there was no icon for 1Password. I can open it from inside the App store but it is not seeming to be on the phone. I paid $9.99 for Premium, and, still no icon. Have I purchased it? What else must I do?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@amyskezas I have split your post from the thread in which you posted it and, because it relates to 1P for iOS, moved it from the 1P for Mac forum to the 1P for iOS forum where you'll get more help.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amyskezas: Sorry for the confusion! 1Password for iOS is a free app, with an in-app purchase for Pro Features.

There isn't a separate app, rather the purchase is tied to your Apple ID. So you'll need to install 1Password from the App Store using the correct Apple ID, and then once you setup 1Password, just go to Settings > Pro Features and Restore your purchase there. I hope this helps! :)

• amyskezas
    amyskezas
    Community Member
    Options

HI Brenty,
    Thanks for your suggestion. I have purchased the Pro Features, yep, and when I go into the App Store and type in 1Password there is a little box that says "open" - I open, and enter my Master Password, and I am inside Pro Features. But in the Settings of Pro, there is no obvious way to "Restore your purchase." The purchase of the Pro seems intact, as long as I am "inside" the App store. I did use my correct Apple ID and password to purchase Pro.

As best as I can sort out my problem - and I may be dead wrong, if so please enlighten me - it is the "foundational" 1Password that I can't seem to get on to the phone so that an icon shows on the phone. To open now, I have to go into the App store and search 1Password and then say "open" and it is in Pro that it is open.

How can I download the "regular" 1Password so that these Pro features have something to "hook on to" - and get an icon on my phone's "desktop"? This seems so stupid to have to ask this but honestly I cannot find my way. Thanks.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

If you are seeing Open for 1Password when you are in the App Store, it means that 1Password is already on your device. Have you searched for it on your iPhone? If you swipe down in the middle of your home screen, you will see a search field appear at the top of the screen. Enter 1Password in that field. Do you see the icon for 1Password in the search results? That means it is on your device, and you should be able to start if by tapping on the icon for 1Password. Unfortunately, finding it that way doesn't tell you where it is, but you will find it if you do a thorough search. Perhaps you incorporated it within a fold by mistake?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amyskezas: I guess I'm not understanding what you're asking then. If you're able to open the app and it shows that you have Pro Features, that's all there is to it. If it's in a folder, a Spotlight search will list the folder name to the right. Otherwise you'll just have to go through your home screens to find it. To be clear, Pro isn't a separate app; it's simply unlocked in 1Password when you make the in-app purchase. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• amyskezas
    amyskezas
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Hawkmoth and Brenty. It is now on the desktop of the phone, but, I swear it was not there before.
    So I am sorted, and thank you for your kind help. I will get on with populating the program and come back to the forum if I need assistance.
    Apologies for my delay in responding to your help, we are in a remodel here and I lost internet and have been absorbed by the events.

• Ben
    Options

No worries! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you're sorted out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.