1password Anywhere encryptionkeys.js error

Hi!

Before posting this, I read the support on how to fix the error encryptionkeys.js by going to 1password Windows app then File->Repair 1password vault. and it says that there has been no errors. But still, I couldn't access my 1password anywhere and having the same error. So I resorted to the forums, and I've read that somewhere between April-May 2014 that there has been an error regarding the same issue because Dropbox changed something. I want to know if this problem is 1password community-wide or is it just me who's experiencing it. or is it because of Dropbox again?

I have 1password for windows, mac, iOS and android. all the platforms are working except for the 1password anywhere.

Any advise or help from the team?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password anywhere

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2015

Hi @Raffy Go,

It's not you, we can confirm that Dropbox is no longer processing the files we need to enable 1PasswordAnywhere. We're looking into it with Dropbox but it is possible Dropbox will no longer support 1PasswordAnywhere.

We're working on a different solution but we don't have a timeframe on this.

• jrice
    jrice
    Community Member

AARRRGGG!!!! 1PAnywhere was the tiny little thread holding my life together at work where IT is so backwards they refuse to let me install 1Password. Just got back from vacation today and was completely clobbered by this.

• jrice
    jrice
    Community Member

You might consider adding a NEWSFLASH note to this page... https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/5/en/topic/key-data-file-could-not-be-loaded

• Raffy Go
    Raffy Go
    Community Member

Oh okay. That sounds really bad because I'm heavily relying on 1Password for all my password on all my gadgets and computers. Maybe now is the best time to finally migrate to Google Drive instead of Dropbox. Just a suggestion though

• spcurtis81
    spcurtis81
    Community Member

Thank goodness it's not me going crazy. I read something reference Dropbox dropping support for an iOS app I used and I'm guessing this is the same. Hope you guys find a solution as I use 1Password heavily on my work computer where I do not have the necessary admin rights to install applications.

• sraymond
    sraymond
    Community Member

When is there going to be a solution for this and how will we know about it? I too rely on 1Password with Dropbox as I cannot install the app on my work computer.

• skylarp
    skylarp
    Community Member
    edited September 2015

I am experiencing the same problem here, trying to access it from my Chromebook. This is a HUGE issue for me, as it breaks my ability to use easily my passwords at work. :'(

[Insert request for ChromeOS app here!]

• We are working with Dropbox to try and get this fixed. We really appreciate your patience.

• kronborg
    kronborg
    Community Member

I can report that it is now working again.

• Raffy Go
    Raffy Go
    Community Member

Oh cool! I can confirm that it is working again. Thanks!

• sraymond
    sraymond
    Community Member

That's great. I'm glad it is working again. What I want to know though, is Agilebits working with Dropbox, or another service for a solution so that this doesn't happen again. It seems like this happens every couple of months and is a huge inconvenience because of this app I have very random passwords that I can't just memorize and rely on being able to log on through the web to get those passwords.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's great. I'm glad it is working again. What I want to know though, is Agilebits working with Dropbox, or another service for a solution so that this doesn't happen again.

@sraymond: Sorry for the confusion! Dropbox has been very accommodating, but ultimately they need to do what's best for their business. If they need to change things on their end that break 1PasswordAnywhere permanently, then we'll simply have to come up with an alternative. The native 1Password apps will always be a better experience and also less reliant on external servers for their functionality...but of course you could always host the files yourself and then you won't be at the mercy of a 3rd party or browser restrictions! :)

• skylarp
    skylarp
    Community Member

Hooray! It would still be nice to have a ChromeOS app (or an Android app that runs through ARC Welder).

Sadly, local storage wouldn't work on Chrome OS due to Chrome's security thing about opening local files...

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @skylarp,

Yea, there are a lot of limitations with the local storage. If we were to build our own ChromeOS app, we might have to look at pulling the data into the app's storage container without using any local files. This does make it a cloud-based app but it would work around these limitations.

We do have 1Password on Android, ARC Welder might make it possible to have our Android app on Chromebooks in the future if everything goes well but for that to happen, Google needs to finish its Play Service APIs support first as our Android app relies on it.

• skylarp
    skylarp
    Community Member

Thanks very much for the detailed answer, @MikeT. I hope that Google works that out at some point.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I think it's safe to say that if anyone is motivated to build up ChromeOS it's Google. Fingers crossed! :)

This discussion has been closed.