1Password is hanging on iPhone 6s

Options
Wattloewe
Wattloewe
Community Member

Hi,
since several years, 1Password is my most important program on iPhone, iPad and iMac. Yesterday I installed my new iPhone 6s - and there are big problems with 1Password (on iOS 9.0.1). It takes a lot of time until the program finally starts - although I have activated Touch ID, it doesn’t open for a long time. You have to try and try and try… Sometimes it crashes, so you have to try again….
When it has finally opened, I can look up a password, but when I want to go back to look for another password, it takes a lot of time until it goes finally back.
So I downloaded 1Password Pro new from the Apple App Store. But nothing changed.
Never had these problems with my iPhone 5s or iPad Air / iMac!
Any idea? Anyone with the same problems?
I think 1Password will need an update for iPhone 6s and iOS 9 as soon as possible!

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.0.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @Wattloewe,

We're seeing some reports of this, it doesn't affect everyone at once. We're still trying to figure this out, we think there's a specific combination of iOS and 1Password settings that is triggering this.

For one, we've heard that disabling and re-enabling iCloud Drive fixed the problem. Please try this:

1. Open the Settings app on your iOS device, go to iCloud > iCloud Drive > 1Password and switch it to the "off" position
    2. Open 1Password and enter the Master Password
    3. After it unlocks, go back to the iCloud Drive settings from step 1 and switch 1Password back to "on"

Does that help at all?

• Wattloewe
    Wattloewe
    Community Member
    Options

No, I did exactly everything as described - all problems are still the same!

• MikeT
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @Wattloewe,

Do you have Dropbox app installed on your iPhone by any chance? Is there any other apps on your iPhone that is using Touch ID? If yes, do they show any problems?

Try to unlock a different app with Touch ID and then switch to 1Password, does that do anything to improve the Touch ID unlocking?

• Wattloewe
    Wattloewe
    Community Member
    Options

Yes - but as I just installed my iPhone 6s new (with an iCloud backup from my 5s), I still did not login in the Dropbox App. So it's not working without login, I think! Should I delete it nevertheless?

• MikeT
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @Wattloewe,

Was the Dropbox app restored from iCloud backup or did you install it manually from the App Store?

If via iCloud Backup, try deleting it and install it from the App Store, see if you can get Touch ID working there.

• Wattloewe
    Wattloewe
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted the Dropbox App and installed it from the App Store again. Nothing changed with 1Password and the described problems.

• Hi @Wattloewe,

When you said described problems, do you mean Dropbox is still not letting you in or am I misunderstanding the issue you have with Dropbox? Does the Dropbox app let you in with Touch ID correctly?

• Wattloewe
    Wattloewe
    Community Member
    Options

I've git a problem with Touch ID in 1password, not with Dropbox!!!!!

• MikeT
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @Wattloewe,

I understand. Touch ID is not something we can control, it is handled by iOS. I'm asking you about Dropbox to see if it is widespread or just 1Password.

We have reports that people who switched to Dropbox to use Touch ID to unlock and switched back to 1Password, Touch ID started working again for 1Password from nowhere.

• Wattloewe
    Wattloewe
    Community Member
    Options

I switched to Dropbox and activated Touch ID - but Touch ID doesn't work correct in 1password. There's some work for you.

• @Wattloewe,

I apologize for the continued confusion.

but Touch ID doesn't work correct in 1password.

Yes -- we understand that.

What Mike is asking is if Touch ID works in the Dropbox app for you or not. Could you please give me a 'yes' -- it is working in the Dropbox app, or a 'no' -- it is not working in the Dropbox app?

Please let us know.

Thanks!

Ben

• Wattloewe
    Wattloewe
    Community Member
    Options

You will perhaps not like my answer: Yes, Touch ID is working perfectly in Dropbox - so I would like to see it in 1password!

• Thanks, @Wattloewe. That actually isn't that terrible of an answer, as at least we can then establish that Touch ID is working on your device.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Wattloewe
    Wattloewe
    Community Member
    Options

Your colleague Sean already asked for the report yesterday - and got it!

• Thanks. I take it you've been emailing with us too then? We'll continue to reply by email then so as to avoid a duplication of efforts.

Ben

• Wattloewe
    Wattloewe
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Okay. But this may be important for you: I deactivated Touch ID for 1password and now it's working perfect (with the feeling of 2013). So the only thing you will have to improve in the next update (hope it will come soon) is the function of Touch ID.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Wattloewe: Yes! Thanks for confirming that! I know it's a drag to go without Touch ID, but that's a good workaround in the mean time while we figure out what's going on with Touch ID for some people. Thanks again for your patience and willingness to work with us on this!

• Wattloewe
    Wattloewe
    Community Member
    Options

Bad news: When I tried to open 1password again after some hours, it crashed like it did before - although Touch ID is disabled! And then, it took a long time until it finally started again (always giving me the impression that it would not start any longer - which would be a disaster!)
    So there must be a bigger problem - not only with Touch ID!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Wattloewe: Oh dear. Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble! :(

Frankly this is baffling. I've actually seen performance improvements with both 1Password and Touch ID in general in iOS 9. We're continuing to investigate the issue, and it sounds like this is just a problem affecting unlocking in general as you seem think too. We'll get this sorted out!

• eltio
    eltio
    Community Member
    Options

Hello from Germany.
    I have the same issues of hanging and crashing with 1Password on a 6s plus with iOS 9.1 Beta 2.
    Every other app works very fine.
    It's frustating.
    No workarounds were solving the issues yet.
    It seems you have to roll out an update of 1Password urgently to make it work smoothly on the 6s'.

• Hi @eltio,

Currently the only workaround we've heard of is disabling Touch ID. Our developers are still investigating the root cause, and hope to be able to release a fix that does not require such a workaround in a future update.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eltio: And to be clear, this is also affecting some people using an (S-less) iPhone 6 as well, though it seems to be working fine on mine for some reason. Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The development team is on the case!

This discussion has been closed.