Ability to hide non-password fields please

Options
brownsm
brownsm
Community Member

Hi any chance we could have a hidden field type (that is not a password). For example, I would like to hide security question answers. However if I set these as a Password field the answers keep showing as weak or terrible passwords - which is not surprising as they are often names or places! This is making the weak password feature next to useless when lots come up. Loving the software though

Many thanks Sara

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @brownsm,

Now I can't replicate this at the moment. I'd like to say what I did so we can compare.

1. I created a brand new Login item from within 1Password's main window.
    2. I set the default password field to password
    3. I added a custom field to a custom section and set it also to password and then set the field type to Password.
    4. I saved the item.

With both password fields set to password it appears in the Weak Passwords filter of the Security Audit. If I then edit the item and make just the default password stronger then when I save these changes the item is removed from the Weak Passwords section.

So I am curious.

1. How does that compare to how you tested and where you were storing the security question answers?
    2. If you try what I did do you observe the same behaviour or different?

With a little luck your answers might help us understand :smile:

• brownsm
    brownsm
    Community Member
    Options

Ah I think the items it is affecting are not the login items but items like bank accounts where I have different logins for apps, phone and on-line. The main logins are behaving as you have said above, with the main password overriding everything in my custom fields. So I think I have it sorted now. Thanks for the quick response.

• On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.