Mac App Store or Web Store and iCloud syncing?

Options
smack518
smack518
Community Member

I need 1Password on, Mac, Windows and iOS. I would like to use iCloud for syncing my passwords. 1. Is that possible with Windows? 2. Where should I buy the licenses? Obviously I would also like to benefit from the package pricing for Windows and OS X.

Dropbox IS an option, though not preferred if possible.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win7/OS X 10.11
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Apple does not allow iCloud sync on Windows machines. So you are pretty much forced to buy the Mac plus Windows package from AgileBits, together with the iOS version (free, but with an in-app purchase giving extra functions) from the iOS App Store.

I'm glad you do regard Dropbox as an option, as it is your only cloud option, and is actually better than iCloud in some respects.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Primarily the cross-platform support and flexibility are why I prefer Dropbox. And while iCloud is super simple and convenient, if you need to sync with Windows or Android it won't be an option. So getting the Mac + Windows bundle from the AgileBits Store and then 1Password for iOS from the App Store seems like a clear solution. But be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.