Is there a URL scheme to launch the 1Password (iOS) into a a particular vault?

Options
kriknosretep
kriknosretep
Community Member

Hello.

I am using the iOS app Launcher to place an icon for 1Password into my notification center. This makes it easy to launch 1Password, which I do all the time.

However, I work with multiple vaults and I would like to be able to have two Launcher icons for 1Password. One of those icons would launch into my main vault, while the other would launch into a different vault.

I'd like to know if this is possible.

I asked the developer of Launcher if this is possible with his app and he tells me that yes, it is, but 1Password would need a URL scheme to achieve this.

Following below is a copy of my email and the reply from the developer of Launcher:

MY QUESTION:

Hello.

I am a user of your Launcher app for iOS.

I have a question: I use 1Password, and I use Launcher to make it easy to, well, launch 1Password. However, I make regular use of multiple "vaults" inside 1Password. I am wondering if there is a way to use Launcher to open a particular vault in 1Password. So, for example, I might have two 1Password icons in Launcher and one would open a particular vault, while the other icon would launch a different vault.

Is this possible? And if so, how would I set that up?

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you!

Kirk

THE REPLY:

Hi Kirk,

I just checked AgileBits' website and they list some things you can do with their URL scheme, but they don't mention a way to open different vaults. The main one that we could add would be a way to immediately search for a specific search term.

So feel free to contact their support team and ask specifically if there is a URL for their app to open a specific vault. If there is, let me know and I can add it to Launcher. Thanks.

-Greg

If someone at AgileBits can let me know if this is a possibly, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

Kirk

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:open a vault with a url

Comments

• Hi Kirk! ( @kriknosretep )

Unfortunately we don't currently have a URL / URI scheme for selecting a vault. I can certainly take that as an improvement suggestion though, and pass the feedback along to our developers for their consideration.

Thanks!

Ben

• kriknosretep
    kriknosretep
    Community Member
    Options

I would have indeed appreciate you passing it along, Ben. It'd be a great addition I think.

Thank you!

Kirk

• Certainly. Thanks Kirk! :)

This discussion has been closed.