I can't sync using wifi anymore.

The_Ricky
The_Ricky
Community Member

Hi,
I have always sync using wifi sync from my windows 10 machine to my ios devices (iphone 6 plus, iPad Air 2, both running ios9). But just last night I was trying to sync from my windows machine to my iphone but I kept getting an error. (I believed it was a timed out error)
1Password in my iPhone sees my windows 10 machine, but when I click sync, nothing happens. I remember my windows 10 machine would ask me for my 1password password, but it doesn't anymore.

I just remember last week, I got a new "Airport Extreme AC". So Im using my new "Extreme AC" as my main router and my old "Extreme" as an extender wirelessly in another room.
Do you think that could be the problem? How can I solved this?

1Password Version: 6.0.1 iphone
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 9 and windows 10
Sync Type: wi-fy sync

Comments

• Hi @The_Ricky,

Sorry to hear about the trouble syncing over WiFi. Do you see these same results with both the iPhone and the iPad?

What I'd recommend, as a troubleshooting step, would be to unplug the power from both AirPort Extremes, restart all of the devices, and then plug in only the main AirPort (the one that is presumably connected to your modem). See if you are able to sync under those conditions. Either way, you can then plug the other AirPort back in, and report your results here, please.

Thanks!

Ben

• The_Ricky
    The_Ricky
    Community Member

Ok I will try to wify sinc to my iPad first. I will then try you steps.

I'll will let you know how it goes.

• The_Ricky
    The_Ricky
    Community Member

Question, if your steps do work, does that mean I will have to unplug one of my routers everytime I need to wi-fy sync?

• Hopefully that won't be necessary. :)

• The_Ricky
    The_Ricky
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

@bwoodruff

Nothing worked, I first tried syncing my ipad and it didn't sync.
    I then tried your steps and it didn't worked either. It gave me a timed out error, and I clicked on the "more info" button on the error pop-up and this is what it said: Sync Problem - Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=60 "Operation timed out"
    Im not sure what to do, I don't want to sync through the cloud.
    If its of any help, I have the latest version on all devices, iphone, ipad and computer. I also have the app on my apple watch.

• Sorry to hear that did not resolve the problem, @The_Ricky. Let's try taking your home network out of the equation entirely. Please see these instructions for syncing over an ad hoc (device to device) network:
    https://support.1password.com/wifi-adhoc/mac.html

Does that work?

Ben

• The_Ricky
    The_Ricky
    Community Member

Do you have instructions on how to create the ad hoc from a windows 10 machine to ios devices?

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@The_Ricky: It appears that Windows 10 no longer has this feature. Do you have security software that might be interfering with the connection? The error you're receiving is a simple timeout, because traffic is being blocked. Please let me know!

Also, it's simple enough to check your Windows firewall settings:

1. Open "Windows Firewall" in Control Panel (or search in the Start menu)
    2. Select "Advanced Settings" on the left
    3. In the left pane, select "Inbound Rules" (you may see several 1Password entries)
    4. Select any with a status of "Block", select "Properties", "Allow the connection", and then click "OK"
    5. Repeat for all 1Password (or Bonjour) "Block" entries
    6. Follow the 1Password WiFi Sync instructions

Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• The_Ricky
    The_Ricky
    Community Member

@brenty
    It worked! Thank you!
    There were 2 items that had the "Block" status. Once I unblocked them and restart all iOS devices and computer, I was able to sync from my windows 10 machine to all iOS devices.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yesss! Thanks for the update. You're most welcome! I'm glad to hear that you were able to unblock things and get up-and-syncing again. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.