Lost password to secondary vault synced to Dropbox

bshaggy
bshaggy
Community Member

Hi, I am setting up a new macbook with 1password, and I have a primary vault and a secondary vault (both synced using dropbox). I have the master password for the primary vault, and I'm able to sync that one with dropbox. I was unable to sync the secondary vault b/c I forgot the password to it (didn't put it in the primary vault like I should have). Reading the support forum I restored the secondary vault from a backup of it made on another computer where I have both vaults running fine. However, although I have all of the passwords from the backup now, I'm unable to sync the secondary vault still to dropbox b/c I don't have the password. Is there any way around this issue?

Thank you,
John

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I suspect the answer may be to create a new secondary vault (and, of course, to note the password for it in your primary vault ;) ), to move all the relevant data to the new secondary vault and then delete the old (empty) secondary vault.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bshaggy: Indeed! Just create a new secondary vault (you'll need to first select your primary) and then you can add the data to it as Stephen_C suggested. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• bshaggy
    bshaggy
    Community Member

Hi, this worked thank you!

John

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Thanks for the update, John. You're most welcome! I'm glad to hear that Stephen_C's suggestion did the trick for you! You should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.