6.1 and hiatus [If you have 6.1 beta install, replace it with the App Store version]

TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member
edited September 2015 in iOS

Downloaded the 6.1 beta yesterday and this morning got a message from Nik Lal that beta was going on hiatus for a few months. Should we stay with 6.1, or will it time out, or should we revert to the current release build?

Thanks very much.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.4.4b1
OS Version: 10.11
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2015

Hi @TomWolsky,

Please install the stable version from the App Store, there will not be a new update made available for the TestFlight betas and that means your current build will expire.

Installing the stable version should overwrite your beta build and reuse the data but do proceed with caution and back up your data if you haven't done so already.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thanks Mike. And I think we now have to download it separately on the mobile device and in Mac iTunes for backup.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

Can you be clear, please. We should replace the beta version (6.1) with the stable version (6.0.1)

• fatherfork
    fatherfork
    Community Member

@HRD

Yes.

• Good morning @HRD. @fatherfork is correct, you should switch back to the App Store release for now. Thanks!

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MrRooni,

Thanks for that clarification.

• On behalf of MrRooni, you're welcome.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

It is a pity as I was enjoying the capabilities of 6.1. Rather odd that it was posted.

• @HRD We're a very "agile" company here and part of that means responding to new decisions and changing directions quickly. :) I'm glad to hear you were enjoying 6.1, and hopefully it will be back in your hands not too far in the future.

This discussion has been closed.