How to change an existing PW on my existing broker account (for example) to new one generated by 1PW

sjwalt
sjwalt
Community Member

I just installed 1PW (I assume latest version, can't verify using instructions provided) on my new iPhone 6s including the Pro Features. I think I have enabled the Extension as well. I also installed the 1PW app on my (IBM) PC. I have been using MyLastPass and am quite familiar with it. How do I (step-by-step) have 1PW generate a new password for my brokerage account (say, with Chas Schwab) and replace the one I've been using previously? Also need to ensure that the new is synched on both my iphone and the PC. I am VERY concerned about screwing up access to my financial accounts (I have multiple broker accounts. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to change an existing PW on my existing broker account (for example) to new one generated by 1PW

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015

I am VERY concerned about screwing up access to my financial accounts (I have multiple broker accounts.

@sjwalt: As you should be! Thanks for reaching out. I'm glad you asked this question. Better safe than sorry! :)

Just keep in mind that this tends to be a bit easier on a computer, but you can absolutely do it with 1Password for iOS too! Here's how.

First thing's first: if you haven't already done so, follow this guide to manually save a Login item in 1Password for the site using the normal login page:

Manually Save a Login

iOS desktop

For example, it looks like for Schwab this might be the one: https://client.schwab.com/login/signon/customercenterlogin.aspx

Then once you've saved the login and verified that it works, follow this guide to create a new password and update it with both the website in in 1Password itself:

Changing a Website Password

iOS desktop

And if you have any questions, be sure to let me know. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.