i have 1password 3 Pro

Options
manicmog
manicmog
Community Member

I have 1Password 3.7.2 for my iPhone. It is the Pro version, as I have upgraded it. I have finally installed version 6 and migrated/exported my information across from version 3 to the new version. However I can not make the new version PRO, when I "restore purchase" it fails. Can you help me out ?

1Password Version: 3.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 9
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:ios/pro-features, kb:lost-license, kb:upgrade-ios, kb-search:restore purchases, kb:pro-features-faq

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

There is unfortunate confusion in the use of the term Pro. Your older version 3 was called 1Password Pro. When version 5 was introduced, the pricing changed to a "freemium" approach. 1Password 5 for iOS is free to download and use in its basic form, but if you want to use the more advanced, so-called Pro features, doing so requires an in-app purchase. Those newer "Pro" features are provided without charge to users of version 4, but not for users of versions earlier than that. So if you want the advanced features, they will require that you purchase access to them. You would then have access to them on all iOS devices that use the same Apple ID.

• manicmog
    manicmog
    Community Member
    Options

That's a shame.... I have already paid £8.99 for this...

1Password Pro, v3.1.1, Seller: Agile Web Solutions (4+) £8.99

I certainly would not want to pay again.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @manicmog,

The 1Password 6 for iOS Pro features are indeed a separate purchase from 1Password 3 for iOS.

In general a purchase of 1Password grants you access to all updates within the same major version -- i.e. if you purchase version 3, all 3.x updates will be included. Major upgrades may require a separate purchase. In the case of 1Password 5 & 6 for iOS, as hawkmoth explained, we have moved to a "freemium" model. You're welcome to use the standard set of features, which many folks find more than adequate, entirely free of charge. If you'd like the Pro features on top of that you'd need to purchase those.

Thanks.

Ben

• manicmog
    manicmog
    Community Member
    Options

OK, thanks for the update.

• manicmog
    manicmog
    Community Member
    Options

Forgot to ask, what would be the road map then for major updates ?

• Ben
    Options

@manicmog

There are no pre-set release dates, but if history is to be any judge of it:
    1Password 3 for iOS was released in 2010
    1Password 4 for iOS was released in 2012
    1Password 5 for iOS was released in 2014
    1Password 6 for iOS was released in 2015

Note that not every one of these was a paid upgrade. In fact anyone who purchased 1Password 4 for iOS was grandfathered to v5's and v6's Pro features, and also anyone who purchased v5's Pro features was grandfathered to v6's Pro features. So, really, only 1 paid upgrade in 5 years.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.