No password button in Browser (Win 11.096)

Options

Hi

followed instructions on how to get 1Password button in Explorer (11.096) but does not show on Command Bar.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:missing-extension-button

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@drcotlar: Sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS and 1Password versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you receiving an error message when you install 1Password or try to enable the addon in IE? You'll need to have administrative privileges in order for the addon to install correctly, and it also needs to be enabled:

Web Browser Settings (Internet Explorer)

Also, do you have security software that might be preventing the addon from being installed properly? Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• drcotlar
    drcotlar
    Community Member
    Options

1 Password for w\Windows, version 4.6.0.568
    OS 9.0.2
    I checked the Command bar in Explorer, but the Password button does not appear. I do get the button in Chrome.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@drcotlar: As I mentioned in my previous post, the 1Password add-ons also need to be enabled in Internet Explorer. Were you able to verify that as well? Again, there will be two of them. Also, what is "OS 9.0.2"? This doesn't appear to be a Windows version! Please let me know! :)

• drcotlar
    drcotlar
    Community Member
    Options

OS 9.0.2 is the Apple OS version

I am following the instructions provided in your link 1 Password does not appear in the list of extensions

• Hi @drcotlar,

When you said 1Password does not show up in the list of extensions, do you mean in the Customize Toolbar dialog like this:

Or do you mean in the Manage add-ons dialog like this:

• rimsr24sc
    rimsr24sc
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

I installed 1Password on my windows 10 computer with IE version 11.0.10547.0. It installed fine and I was able to enable the addons in IE without a problem, but it is still not showing up in the browser. Just not working at all, so I uninstalled it. If you can figure out the problem, let me know and I will try it again. I also have Protected Mode disabled in IE. Thanks for your time, Bob M.

• @rimsr24sc - Did you add 1Password to the toolbar in the Customize Toolbar dialog? -

From Internet Explorer, click on Tools on right hand side (not the Tools in the menu bar) > Toolbars > Customize, click on 1Password on left hand side and then click on Add. Mike has supplied a screen shot above to show this dialogue.

This discussion has been closed.