Missing items on Win 7 - MAC, iPhone, iPad all OK.

I have 1P on MAC, iPhone iPad and, sadly, a Windows machine I'm forced to use ;-). Only on the Windows machine some items are missing across several categories in the app (logins, notes, etc). For example 138 logins (Apple devices) and only 77 on Windows.

I have added new items and folders on Windows and they appear on all devices. If I modify a secure note in some way on IOS it then appears in Windows (I only tested this for secure notes from my iPhone). However I don't want to have to go through all 177 items.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:missing items

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Gutbuket: Items are missing entirely on the PC? Double-check the vault path on each device and make sure they're pointing to the same one, and then follow the steps in this guide to help narrow down the problem:

Dropbox Sync Troubleshooting

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• Gutbuket
    Gutbuket
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Hi,

I went through all of the steps and verification's from the link. I re-confirmed that if I make a change on my iPhone the login is then visible on 1Password Windows, within seconds. For example my Facebook login wasn't showing on Windows, I added a tag to the item on my iPhone and very shortly the Login items count on Windows went from 75 to 76 (141 login items on IOS and MAC) and the Facebook login is now visible on Windows.

Of note is that I could not get 1PasswordAnywhere to work in either Chrome or Internet Explorer. I went through the trouble shooting steps for that as well.

I retested adding a secure note in both iPhone and Windows; they were visible in both and when I moved them to the trash that change was also reflected quickly across both systems.

So, in summary:
    Roughly half of my 1Password items did not show in Windows after installing. MAC and IOS 1Password used for a few years now, Windows is a new install on a new Win7 system that is up to date with all important updates, but not all optional ones.

All IOS and MAC's are synced correctly (2 IOS devices, 1 MAC)
    I ran the Repair 1Password Vault option from Windows
    All systems are on the latest 1Password releases
    All systems point to the same Dropbox folder, Win7 system has the Dropbox desktop app installed not the Windows Store one
    All changes are seen on all systems - modify, add, delete, folders, tags, etc.
    If I update a item on IOS or MAC it is then becomes visible on Windows if it wasn't

Puzzling......

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Gutbuket: Hmm. Unfortunately this just raises more questions. For example, in the Dropbox troubleshooting steps, it asks you to test to see if changes are reflected on the Dropbox website. When you update an item on one device, do you see it show up on the Dropbox website...and then are you able to see that file on the PC as well?

Which OS and 1Password versions are you using on each device? I wonder if there's an old app in there somewhere that's confusing things.

If I update a item on IOS or MAC it is then becomes visible on Windows if it wasn't

This makes it sounds like everything is working correctly now, since you indicated no problem on the other devices to begin with, only Windows. But I suspect that's not the case.

if you're still having trouble with items not showing up only on the PC, it may be best to backup your data (on a known-good device) and remove Dropbox from the PC completely before reinstalling it and syncing everything back. Be sure to also check the date and time on each device. Often a mismatch can wreak havoc with the sync process. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• ChrisLockwood
    ChrisLockwood
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

I currently have exactly the same issue - items appear in iOS but not Windows, all devices point to the same Dropbox account. Curiously I've also had recent problems with my Chrome extension.

The only additional thing I have to add into the mix is that I migrated from AgileKeyChain to OPVault a few months back. That migration wasn't pleasant, many things were lost and so I'm longer confident about what is stored on any of my kit.

Was the root cause of this problem ever identified, if so what steps can I take to resolve the issue?

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @ChrisLockwood,

We've identified the cause but we do not have a proper fix yet. There is a way to do it manually if you want, here's how from brenty's post.

Basically, you have to switch back to your older agilekeychain vault and manually update all of the oldest items in 1Password 4 for Windows, export and re-import it into your opvault.

The data isn't gone but rather it is not shown in the UI because the previous items were saved/created in older 1Password versions that 1Password 4 for Windows' opvault reader cannot display.

This discussion has been closed.