i have windows 10 on a surface pro 3. i am trying your 1password 4. it is crashing almost everytime

Options

i have windows 10 on a surface pro 3. i am trying your 1password 4. it is crashing almost everytime i add a new card manually.

also it is not able to handle the screen resolution there is no bar down the side to slide the typing area up and down. so if you open the areas like other contact information or additional details, it puts the save (OK) below the screen.

why would you release a program this unstable? i need to replace the SPB wallet which worked great but now does not sync between devices. are you going to fix these issues.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gtsmike: 1Password wasn't designed with a touch interface in mind, but it certainly shouldn't be crashing. In regard to the dialog box being cut off, are you running a lower resolution than the native for the Surface Pro 3? It should be able to fit the whole thing. I know we have some Surface users here at AgileBits, and they haven't reported the issues that you're describing. It even works on my cheapo tablet, so it's likely something specific to your setup.

The best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• gtsmike
    gtsmike
    Community Member
    Options

native resolution? not sure if you mean the enlarged text size of 175% or none. i use 200% because if not then things are too hard to read as you get older. but even if i set your software to not adjust for the high DPIin properties, it still is not going to all fit on the screen when those sections are expaneded, the additional comments and contact. there should be a scroll bar.

as for crashing, i get an error message that it asks to send but it is locked up at that point and i have to use task manager to quit the program.i know there is a way to do a screen print but don't remember how.

• gtsmike
    gtsmike
    Community Member
    Options

i just found another oddity. you may have designed it this way. when the program is minimized, it is not showing in the task bar.

• Hi @gtsmike,

it still is not going to all fit on the screen when those sections are expaneded, the additional comments and contact. there should be a scroll bar

This is a known issue. There's a scrollbar in the bottom details view of the main interface but at the moment, it is difficult to add a scrollbar to the item editor due to the complex view being rendered.

By default, we try to minimize the sections in the editor to give you more room but if you're manually expanding them all, there's not much we can do right now. You can press Control + S to save the changes and reopen to have the view fit the screen.

as for crashing, i get an error message that it asks to send but it is locked up at that point and i have to use task manager to quit the program

Can you try to reproduce the error and in the error dialog that pops up, can you click on the blue link to view the error message, does it work? If yes, can you copy the error message and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com and we'll see what we can do with it.

when the program is minimized, it is not showing in the task bar.

If you have 1Password set to show in the notification tray, 1Password will minimize to that. If it is disabled, it will remain on the taskbar.

• gtsmike
    gtsmike
    Community Member
    Options

the error happens, it is nothing i am doing that causes it, and i try to send you the error message but it is frozen at that point. i know there is a screen print function but i have to look it up.

as for the task bar, all programs or apps when minimze or even running, show up on the task bar. password does not unless you have draged it to the task bar.

as for the side slide bar, no sure what the issue is. other programs like SPB wallet you can add fields and it still scrolled.

• Hi @gtsmike,

i know there is a screen print function but i have to look it up.

Without the keyboard, it is holding the Windows button and then press the lower volume button. That should take the screenshot for you. You can find it in the Screenshots album of the Photos app.

You can also open Window's Snipping tool and use that to take the screenshot.

If you can't open the error details because it is hanging, then there is no need to send us a screenshot of the error dialog because it will not contain the information we need.

Can you try this: Open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go straight to the Help Menu > Diagnostics Report > Email to AgileBits. Does this allow you to email us the report?

If not, what about going to the Help Menu > Diagnostics Report > Export to File and saving it to the desktop?

as for the task bar, all programs or apps when minimze or even running, show up on the task bar. password does not unless you have draged it to the task bar.

It's optional, the developers can choose to set however it works. If you want 1Password to always show up on the task bar, you can disable the option to show 1Password in the notification tray area. You can find this option by opening the main 1Password program, unlock, and click on the Preferences button. Go to the General section and you'll see the option to show 1Password in notification tray, uncheck that option, save it and 1Password will then only show up on the task bar.

as for the side slide bar, no sure what the issue is. other programs like SPB wallet you can add fields and it still scrolled.

The way we're rendering the complex view (like the ability to add new sections and new fields to the same view) in the item editor does not allow us to add a scrollbar to the main view, it's problematic. It works just fine in our other views such as the bottom details view in the main program, which does let you scroll.

We will change our editor in the future and it should then allow us to add a scrollbar.

• gtsmike
    gtsmike
    Community Member
    Options

i just emailed you the report via the help menu. let me know if that shows the error

• gtsmike
    gtsmike
    Community Member
    Options

how do i add more choices to types?

• gtsmike
    gtsmike
    Community Member
    Options

ok so you have wallet and then credit card but no debit card or ATM card? and i can't add a catagory? and if i choose bank and then atm in type but it will not sort the catagory of ATM?

• gtsmike
    gtsmike
    Community Member
    Options

i see the problem. i am selecting ATM in type. in the main screen it is showing the colume as Type but it is showing the catagory instead Bank Account which is under wallet. so if it picks up the "type" there then can i add to it or get it to sort by the Type in the form?

• Hi @gtsmike,

i just emailed you the report via the help menu. let me know if that shows the error

I found your email, it looks like Laura has replied to you already. We’ll keep that conversation going there via emails.

ref: KYJ-79779-776

how do i add more choices to types?

You cannot add more types to an existing built-in template field but you can add a custom field and its type to the item if you want.

ok so you have wallet and then credit card but no debit card or ATM card? and i can't add a catagory? and if i choose bank and then atm in type but it will not sort the catagory of ATM?

Debit cards are typically processed as credit cards and that’s how websites treat it. You can reuse the credit card template for your debit cards items. We will look at renaming Credit Cards to something else, like Payment Cards in the future since this template is flexible to handle debit cards among other types.

As for ATM, these are cards for the bank accounts and are not treated as credit cards, so they’re separated out.

I would recommend removing the Wallet grouping, 1Password will then show Bank Account and Credit Card items apart on the sidebar. Here’s how; open 1Password and go to the View Menu to deselect Wallet. You’ll now see both Credit Cards and Bank Accounts separately on the sidebar. In addition, the Wallet group itself has been phased out for the next generation data format.

• gtsmike
    gtsmike
    Community Member
    Options

ATM cards and Debit are often the same but even if they are they are used differently then a xcredit card. personally i would rather not see the credit card renamed but another field for the Debit/ATM card. but if you say the ATM card is part of the bank, i am good with that except, i am not seeing a field for it, and if i add a field then if you look at the date field it forces a day choice and ATM cards do expire and like credit cards they are just month and year. so it seems a simpler resolution is to add oh and if you leave the day out, it will accept and close the item. and then when you open, the date is gone. should show and error there before you clock ok.

• Hi @gtsmike,

personally i would rather not see the credit card renamed but another field for the Debit/ATM card.

It is possible that it may not be a simple rename, we may accommodate more types like Debit/ATM cards and maybe add the ability to let you add custom data structures to it.

However, the credit card templates are specially built for filling into the website when they ask for your card information, which means it needs to fit what the web industry standards uses for credit card as well as debit cards. In other words, we specifically match the template against the common web fields, not what the cards have. ATM doesn't fit the standard format, thus it is in the Bank Account template for now, which is not used for filling. We are aware that in many European countries, they commonly use wire transfers for payments, which is why it is not as easy as it can be for us right now.

Renaming it to Payment Cards and adding support for ATM, Debit, and various types in the future while also supporting different filling algorithm for them would be the best solution if we can make it work.

but if you say the ATM card is part of the bank, i am good with that except, i am not seeing a field for it,

It's in the Type field:

and then when you open, the date is gone. should show and error there before you clock ok.

That's a great suggestion, we plan to add UI feedback in the future to let users know that it needs to be in a specific format (for an example, insert a placeholder showing the current year) and also, an alert when it is not correct.

However, the better solution is to add a date picker rather than a textual field.

ATM cards and Debit are often the same but even if they are they are used differently then a xcredit card.

That's because many banks include both debit and ATM into the same card often referred as ATM Debit card but you can only use this card for purchases when the ATM network is supported by vendor, this is not something that works on web sites, they often use credit networks only.

For many banks in US, debit cards are almost always processed as credit cards, they're linked against your bank accounts but processed via credit networks such as MasterCard/VISA. The reason I say almost is that some sites can let you process the card as a debit card via the ATM network but it is rarely done in US. This is why you can use debit cards on any sites that process credit cards via MasterCard and VISA networks, your card is being used to pay via credit and the credit network will get money from your bank account. It doesn't go from your bank to the vendor.

Certain banks issue ATM cards that can only be used to take out money from an ATM machine, nothing else. This why it is a Bank Account instead in 1Password, for these dedicated ATM only cards.

We did not take all the various methods that a card can be used into consideration when we first added this to 1Password. We need to be flexible to accommodate them and that's what we want to do.

This discussion has been closed.