Feature request: Maxthon extension

Options
golimer
golimer
Community Member
edited November 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello guys

I really love 1password, BUT 1password not working with maxthon... I can understood if was ONLY one request regarding maxthon support BUT IS NOT......

Please developers make extension for MAXTHON....

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 4.4.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows, MAC
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@golimer: I'd never even heard of it until now, but I'll definitely check it out! We can certainly consider adding support for it in the future, but it absolutely has to take a backseat to our extensions for the major browsers, which require continuous development. Our priority will always be to do the most good for the greatest number of people, but thanks for letting us know that Maxthon is important to you! :)

• golimer
    golimer
    Community Member
    Options

brenty any news regarding extension ://// PLEASE !!!!!!!1

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@golimer: We don't currently have plans to support Maxthon, but thanks for letting us know you're still interested!

• golimer
    golimer
    Community Member
    Options

you still interested but "We don't currently have plans to support Maxthon" this is JUST GREAT just baught 1password and I forced to use fu$%^&* chrome .....

very disappointed :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@golimer: We'll certainly consider adding it in the future, but it really doesn't seem fair to expect 1Password to suddenly change to suit you alone. If you've purchased 1Password it wasn't for Maxthon support, as it does not have it. You're not forced to use Chrome. 1Password also supports Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera. But if you bought 1Password from the AgileBits Store within the last 30 days we'll be happy to refund your purchase if it isn't a good fit for you right now. Just email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com. And then perhaps you can purchase a license in the future if and when 1Password has the features you're looking for.

• MikeT
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi @golimer,

If Maxthon in the future support Chrome extensions and you're willing to reduce the security of 1Password and your data, you can disable the code check signature in 1Password's Help Menu > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature (deselect this) to use 1Password extension in Maxthon.

Right now, it seems like Maxthon have their own extension APIs, while the rest of industry (Microsoft, Mozilla, and Google) are moving toward building an industry standard for the same extensions based on Chromium's API model, meaning that it is likely three major browsers will allow developers to build an extension for all three browsers at once with minor changes for each one.

This discussion has been closed.