Syncing with Android - get JavaScript alert - problem loading file...

Options
mabanag
mabanag
Community Member

Trying to sync my OS X 1Password with Samsung S6.
I open dropbox > 1password.html, and it gives a JavaScript alert.

"A problem occurred when loading the "file:///storage/emulated/0/android/data/com.dropbox.android/files/xxxxxxxx/scratch/1password/1password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionkeys.js" file

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/1passwordanywhere, kb-search:javascript alert android, kb:mini-extension-security, kb-search:Javascript alert, kb:mini-extension-security

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @mabanag. Thanks for contacting us today.

The error you're seeing is actually a 1PasswordAnywhere problem, rather than a sync problem. Are you also seeing a "missing encryptionKeys.js" error when syncing with Dropbox?

To sync using Dropbox, please launch 1Password 4 for Android and select "I've used 1Password before," followed by "Sync using Dropbox." Login to your Dropbox account, and then choose the correct vault. After entering your Master Password, all of your vault data should sync right over to 1Password on your Android.

To use 1PasswordAnywhere, however, you'll need to access the 1Password.html file in Dropbox in a web browser. You won't be able to launch it through the Dropbox directory itself, due to local file restrictions.

If you're seeing a "missing encryptionKeys.js" issue when syncing 1Password with Dropbox, please let me know what other devices you're syncing with.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.