64bit Version [1Password 6 will be 64-bit supported]

Options
Stanzilla
Stanzilla
Community Member

I would love to get a 64bit version of 1Password for Windows, are there any plans for it?

1Password Version: 4.6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi @Stanzilla,

1Password does include a 64-bit version of our 1Password add-on for Internet Explorer. For the main program itself, we do have plans to do a 64-bit version of 1Password but we don't have a timeframe on this.

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds nice, looking forward to it!

• You're not alone, the team is excited about what we're doing in the future. :smile:

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member
    Options

Will version 5 for Windows be the planned 64bit client or will that come later?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We don't have a new version to announce yet, but that's a possibility. ;)

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member
    Options

Just installed the new 6 beta and was surprised to see it's still 32bit, what's up with that, guys? :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stanzilla: Right now we're focused on building the app and getting as many people testing it as are willing, so 32-bit covers the install base much more thoroughly...but we definitely want 64-bit down the road. ;)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

@Stanzilla, it is 64-bit supported out of the box. 1Password 6 is built in .NET MSIL, it will be installed based on what CPU you have. However, regardless of what CPU, it will be installed to Program Files (x86) directory due to the installer limitation.

Check your Task Manager, it should not have (32-bit) next to it.

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member
    Options

OH indeed. I only looked at the process name and that changed from 1Password to AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop so I was actually looking at the process of version 4. My bad! The installer installing to the 32bit dir by default probably added to that confusion but it's not that bad, you guys will probably fix that later, I hope!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Stanzilla,

Thanks for confirming that and yes, we hope we can figure out why our installer tool won't select the right folder but for now, we have to pick a folder and figure this out later. A lot of work left to do. :smile:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

OH indeed. I only looked at the process name and that changed from 1Password to AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop so I was actually looking at the process of version 4. My bad! The installer installing to the 32bit dir by default probably added to that confusion but it's not that bad, you guys will probably fix that later, I hope!

@Stanzilla: You're kidding! I actually did the same thing! I'd thought the machine I was using at the time didn't have 1Password 4 installed, but of course I was wrong. I'm sorry for adding to the confusion!

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member
    Options

Haha, glad Mike rescued us both then! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Not the first time, and probably not the last. :lol: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.