Re-setting up 1Password after virus

Options
mikeallong
mikeallong
Community Member

I had 1Password on my Windows PC and Android devices synced with my Dropbox. My PC caught a virus that encrypted by PC and Dropbox account. I lost all of my 1Password info from my PC and Dropbox accounts, but everything on my Android Device was safe. I have since updated and added several passwords on my android device. I don't want to link my PC and dropbox directly on my PC any longer for security reasons. Is there a way to sync everything back up without losing what I have changed on my Android Device. I also us a Mac with OS 10.7.5, is there a legacy addition of 1Password for that version. I would fill more comfortable having a Mac and my Dropbox with an open connection at all times to help in syncing 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:sync-options, ug:android/wifi, kb:sync-options

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @mikeallong.

Unfortunately, 1Password 4 for Android doesn't yet have support for reconfiguring sync without resetting the app. Therefore if you had previously been syncing with Dropbox, and then you vault in Dropbox was deleted, then you won't be able to rebuild your vault with the leftover data in your Android app.

However, if you still have access to the .agilekeychain in Dropbox, and 1Password 4 on your Android is syncing just fine, you may be able to recover the vault.

When you launch 1Password on your Android, are you seeing any sync errors? If you tap Settings > Sync, where is it syncing?

• mikeallong
    mikeallong
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to find the .agilekeychain and put it back in my Dropbox. I received the following error when I tried to run it:

AGDatabaseErrorException: The encryption keys file does not exist at 'file://localhost/Users/appleowner/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/1password.keys'

On my Android Device I am getting the following error when I try to sync:
    Summary
    1Password: 4.5.3 premium from Google Play
    Device: SM-G386T running Android 4.4.2
    Sync: KEYCHAIN_DROPBOX (enabled)
    Sync Log
    Beginning sync at 16:05:49
    Using mobile connection
    Looking for vault (/Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain)
    Beginning sync at 16:05:49
    Failed

• peri
    Options

Hi @mikeallong. I've just seen the diagnostics report you sent, and I'll take a look at it and reply. We can continue the conversation via email. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.