Cannot turn off auto-submit for Windows 1Password 4.6.0.586

Options

After an upgrade to 1Password, 1Password all of a sudden started automatically entering the user name and password. I never use auto-submit and don't want to. I can't get it to stop automatically submitting the user name and password for this site. How can I get this to stop?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: Windows 10 (also on 7 before upgrade)
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:auto complete will not turn off

Comments

• fredhkoch
    fredhkoch
    Community Member
    Options

I found out 1Password extension for FireFox got installed at some point and by removing the add-on, auto-submit has stopped completing my login information as desired. No idea why it can't be turned off in 1Password itself. Problem fixed for me though since I never use auto-submit or automatic login creation.

• Hi @fredhkoch,

In Firefox, do you have Firefox sync turned on? If yes, is it possible the extension was installed on a different computer and it was sync'ed to your computer? Except for Internet Explorer, we do not install your extensions automatically, it has to be done manually. In addition, Firefox disable them by default if it was done automatically without your intervention as well.

Auto-submit can be turned off via the extension's Settings menu or in the main 1Password program via the File Menu > Preferences > Logins.

• fredhkoch
    fredhkoch
    Community Member
    Options

I did have auto-submit logins off and it stilled entered the login information. That was the problem I was having. I solved it by removing the 1Password add-on in FireFox. I do have FireFox sync on so that all my computers have the same favorites, etc available in FireFox. I checked and on my Mac auto-submit was turned on, and I never even saw that preferences screen before, so it was either set by default, or something else turned it on. In any case the problem is fixed by removing the 1Password add-on. I know I was asked to install the add-on after one of the 1Password upgrades, so I won't make that mistake again. Thanks for the quick response.

• By default, it is on but it only works if the extension was installed first.

1Password on OS X does prompt to ask you if you want to install the add-on and if you say yes, it would take you to the process to do this and if you have Firefox Sync on, it would be pushed to all of your computers as well.

You're welcome. If there's anything else we can do for you, let us know here.

This discussion has been closed.