I would like to run 1Password on Mac OS X 10.7.5 + Firefox 40.0.3 + have family license 1Password 5

Options
Babetten
Babetten
Community Member

Hello,
in the family we purchased 1Password 5 a couple of weeks ago, before that, as we understood the conditions, we had to update my mothers mac to Yosemite to even get 1Password running on it.

OS X 10.7.5 is still running on my MacBook Pro and on my sisters mac even Snow Leopard. Is there a way how the three of us could participate from the familiy license key we purchased and still use Firefox? Going back to Firefox 39 via Timemachine is not an option, because Firefox Updates should be made for security and stability.

Would all three systems have to be Upgraded to Yosemite or later? This is no option for me, because some of my much needed software would then no longer run on my mac. On the other hand without the extension, using 1Password does not make much sense...

Thank you

Babette

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.7.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:1 Password 3 + Firefox + OS X 10.7, kb:v3-extension-firefox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Babetten,

It sounds like you have a couple basic questions: Does your 1Password license allow you to use 1Password on Mac OS X 10.7.5 and 10.6.x, and will 1Password work with Firefox 40 on those Macs. I'll be happy to explain all that!

First, you can definitely use 1Password on OS X 10.7.5 (Lion) and 10.6.x (Snow Leopard). You'll need to use 1Password 3 on those Macs, as newer versions of 1Password require newer versions of OS X. You can download 1Password 3 for Mac from the "Legacy" section at the bottom of our download site. If you bought a license for 1Password 5 for Mac from our AgileBits Store, your license email should include a license code that you can use for 1Password 3. If you need to have your license email resent, you can go to our support site and follow the steps in the "I've lost my license" section at the top.

As for Firefox, unfortunately the 1Password 3 extension will not work with Firefox 40 or higher. We have more information about that, including your options, in this knowledgebase article: 1Password 3 extension missing in Firefox 40 or later

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.