Can't Install 1Password Extension for Google Chrome

I have Mac OS X 10.6.7 with Google Chrome 11.0.696.71. I am using 1Password 3.5.9.

I restarted after upgrading to these versions.

I am trying to install the 1Password Extension for Google Chrome.

In Google Chrome I go to Tools > Extensions > Developer mode and then click the Update Extensions Now button.

I just get: Boo... No extensions installed :-(

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• bswinsbswins Agile Customer Care
    edited May 2011
    Hello gatsby and welcome to the Forums!

Sorry you're having an issue installing the Chrome extension.

Please try the following:

First, in Chrome go to Tools > Extensions > Developer mode, except this time Uninstall the 1P extension and close Chrome.

Second, in the 1P for Mac desktop program, go to Preferences>Browsers. At the bottom of the window, there should be a button labeled Install Google Chrome Extension. Click on it and follow the directions from there on.

A recent post showing a great screen shot can be found here: Chrome newbie

Let us know if this works for you.

Cheers!

Brandt

As of this post, the current 1P non-Beta extension version is [font="Helvetica, sans-serif"]3.6.3.30953[/font]
  • Thanks Brandt. The second step you provided solved my issue. I can now use 1Password with Google Chrome.

In case anyone encounters this issue, the first step provided was not applicable to my issue because 1Password was not showing in the Extensions, so there was nothing to uninstall.

-Mark
  • bswinsbswins Agile Customer Care
    edited May 2011
    Mark,

I'm very glad everything is working now and that you are up and running!

Thank you for clarifying that you did not have the Chrome extension installed in the first place. It was presumptuous of me to think it already was. I appreciate the additional information.

Look forward to seeing you around the Forums.

Best wishes using 1P!

Brandt
  • brentybrenty

Team Member
    Thanks, Brandt!

I am glad to hear it is working for you, gatsby! Keep in mind that -- like Chrome itself -- the 1Password extension will automatically update when there is a new version, so you shouldn't have to fight with it again. ;)
This discussion has been closed.