1Password 3 and El Capitan [See announcement "1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X" at top of page]

sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
edited October 2015 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Item fields invisible when editing an item [known issue with v3 on El Capitan].

Comments

• JohnRees
    JohnRees
    Community Member

After upgrading to to El Capitan I am on version 3.8 and I cannot view or edit my passwords. If I upgrade to the latest version of 1password, will this fix my problem?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
    Extension Version: 32010
    OS Version: 10.11
    Sync Type: iCloud

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015

Hi @JohnRees,

Yes it will. This issue is new to El Capitan and one we only recently learnt about. You can learn a bit more about it from this post but moving to 1Password 5 would resolve this. If we can be of any further assistance please do let us know.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JohnRees,

If you choose to upgrade from 1Password 3, following steps in this article is recommended to help that process go smoothly:

How do I upgrade 1Password for Mac from version 3?

Cheers! :)

• Nikofun
    Nikofun
    Community Member

Hi, if I in the edit mode and I want to see clearly my password, the password isn't shown any more. There is something in die field, cause I can copy the pw, but its invisible.

THX for support

Regards

1Password Version: 3.8.2.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.11
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• whbakker
    whbakker
    Community Member

Hi,
    I am using 1Password 3.8.22. After installation of OS X el Capitan (version 10.11) letters and numbers are not visible during modifying data. Fortunately, everything is still working on my iPad and iPhone, but anyway, hopefully anybody can help me?
    With kind regards,
    Willem.

1Password Version: 3,8,22
    Extension Version: n.a.
    OS Version: OS X 10.11
    Sync Type: Dropbox
    Referrer: forum-search:el capitan

• fogsmith
    fogsmith
    Community Member

I am experiencing the same problem as Willem.

Other issues I am having is trying to sync my mother's Mac, iPad, and iPhone over wifi or Dropbox.

1st gen iPad is running 5.1.1, 1password for iPad 3.72
    Mac is running el cap 10.11, 1password 3.8.22
    iPhone 5 is running iOS 9.0.2

Can't seem to log onto Dropbox and can't sync over wifi either...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015

Hi @Nikofun, @whbakker, @fogsmith.

As you've discovered, item field values aren't visible in edit mode with 1Password 3 on 10.11 El Capitan. I've moved your posts to a related thread about this, with a reply from littlebobbytables that includes a link to another post of his with additional information. I hope that's helpful and please let us know if we can assist you with anything else.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

As covered, something has changed in El Capitan and it does have a big impact on the older 1Password 3 for Mac.

This, and other observations on 1Password 3 for Mac are covered in our announcement: 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X.

This discussion has been closed.