Slow response to keyboard shortcut

Options
eleightondick
eleightondick
Community Member

On one of my Macs, 1Password Mini has become very slow to respond to the global keyboard shortcuts - usually about 5 seconds. I see this behavior from both the menubar applet and the browser extensions. Have you run into this problem before?

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:slow response to shortcut

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eleightondick: I haven't encountered this with keyboard shortcuts exclusively, but rather all keyboard input (although it affected shortcuts as well), seemingly due to running low on system resources, specifically on Yosemite. I will say that (so far) I haven't encountered this issue with El Capitan, and frankly I think the overall security and stability improvements make it a worthwhile upgrade, if you're so inclined.

I guess the questions I have are:

1. How does this relate to 1Password in particular?
    2. What are the differences between this Mac and the one which is not exhibiting the problem?

Thanks in advance! :)

• eleightondick
    eleightondick
    Community Member
    Options

It relates to 1Password because it was the only application exhibiting the symptoms. I use keyboard shortcuts a lot, and everything else was responding as expected. I had not noticed an issue with other keyboard input. (The Macbook Pro with the problem is my primary work machine, used for many hours a day, and fairly new. The other Mac is a older, much less used Macbook Air. I plan to upgrade to El Capitan in the near future.)

Out of curiosity, I restarted 1Password Mini. After the restart, it responds instantly to the shortcut, which seems to confirm the resources suggestion.

Thanks for your help!

Ed

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news @eleightondick, I'm glad it's working well after restarting 1Password mini! Thanks for following up to let us know. Hopefully it continues to work perfectly, but if you run into more problems, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.