Wi-Fi sync fails between mac (10.10.5) and iPhone (iOS 9.0.2) - iPhone can't find wi-fi network

john_golding
john_golding
Community Member

After setting up the Mac - wi-fi on and network created, iPassword 5 wi-fi server on and running - I then go to the iPhone and under 'settings' start wi-fi and select the mac network. All ok so far. On the iPhone I then start 1Password 6, Settings>Sync and under "primary database" select Start Syncing>Sync using Wi-Fi. This is as far as it goes, the next screen says "one moment please" and just hangs there indefinitely. The only option available is 'cancel".

I don't make many changes or additions to 1Password so I don't perform a sync very often. Since the last sync I have updated the mac os and also the iPhone iOS from 8. ( I don't use iCloud at all)

Any help would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Wi-Fi
Referrer: forum-search:wi-fi sync mac to iOS 9 fails

Comments

• john_golding
    john_golding
    Community Member

Please ignore above entry, changed the sequence of events (and made notes) and it works ok.

• Thanks for the update @john_golding! If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• Perryc777
    Perryc777
    Community Member

I need help with this too... I did not see the anwser because the guy above figured it out. Mine just keep asking f=to refresh the list. I had done this before but now I am on 1PW 5 and El Capitan for mac 10.11.2 and it is not working

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Perryc777,

Do you have more than one vault in 1Password for iOS? I'm wondering if the Wi-Fi sync error "Computer not found" (or computer not showing up in Wi-Fi Sync list) section of Known vault sync issues in 1Password for iOS is applicable to you at all. If it is I do apologise as this bug is giving our Wi-Fi Sync fans a bit of a bum deal (I'm one of them) but it is something we're busy trying to fix.

If that isn't the case please do let us know as we'll need to continue the troubleshooting process with you.

This discussion has been closed.