How to access secure notes directly on Chrome extension?

Options

I moved from MacOS to Windows 10, on MacOS I can access my secure notes thru the 1Password Chrome extension.

How can I access my secure notes directly on Windows Chrome extension.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi @jmiranda99,

The extension's UI are specific to the platform, which mean they won't have the same features.

There is a way to view your notes by hovering over your items in the extension menu. First, turn this feature on in 1Password's Preferences:

1. Open the main 1Password program, unlock, and click on the Preferences button on the toolbar and go to Logins.
    2. Check the box next to Show note in the hint window (where available) and press OK to save the change
    3. Open 1Password in Chrome and hover over your Login item, you'll see the note in a popup.

You won't be able to copy anything in the popup. For that, you'll need to use the main 1Password program to copy the note content.

• jmiranda99
    jmiranda99
    Community Member
    Options

Hi MikeT,

I'm talking about the Secure Notes, not the login notes.

The question remains, how can I see the Secure Notes on the Chrome extension?

Regards,
    JM

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmiranda99: Sorry for the confusion! The 1Password for Windows extensions do not support Secure Notes, but this is something we may add in the future. Thanks for letting us know you'd find that feature useful! :)

This discussion has been closed.