Licence Question

Hi there,

i want to use 1Password in my corporate environment to store out software serials and accounts.
Can i buy one licence and install it on my terminal server or do i have to buy multi user licence?

The software only needs to run for one person at the same time!

Best regards, tatoosh

Comments

  • bswinsbswins Agile Customer Care
    edited May 2011
    That's a good question TaToosh.

    I'm not an AgileBits' employee, so my comments shouldn't be taken as official.

    Regarding licenses, I do know the following:

    Our software is licensed per person per platform. Each user and each platform requires a license.


    AB's licensing policy can be found here: Agilebits: Software Licenses

    One scenario listed that appears to most mirror your situation states:


    You and your spouse use Knox on the family iMac.
    You and your spouse each needs a license. (Family license is the best value!)


    I do not know if your situation (using Terminal Server/multi-users) is strictly analogous, but I wanted to post this information for the benefit of others who may come across this thread looking for licensing information.

    I'm sure you will receive an official answer from AgileBits very soon.

    Cheers!

    Brandt
  • jpgoldbergjpgoldberg Agile Customer Care

    Team Member
    bswins wrote:

    I'm not an AgileBits' employee, so my comments shouldn't be taken as official.

    Don't be too modest. Your contributions on the forum are always helpful and accurate.

    Cheers,

    -j
  • jpgoldbergjpgoldberg Agile Customer Care

    Team Member
    Hi Tatoosh,

    Welcome to the forums!

    tatoosh wrote:

    I want to use 1Password in my corporate environment to store out software serials and accounts.
    Can i buy one licence and install it on my terminal server or do i have to buy multi user licence?

    The software only needs to run for one person at the same time!

    If it will only be used by one person at a time, and effectively residing on only one desktop and will be using the same 1Password data, then requiring a license for each user would be excessive.

    We still need to clarify the details. so please contact us at [email protected] and provide a link back to this forum discussion.

    Cheers,

    -j
  • bswinsbswins Agile Customer Care
    jpgoldberg wrote:

    Don't be too modest. Your contributions on the forum are always helpful and accurate.


    Thanks Jeff. Coming from you, that means a lot. :)

    I appreciate it more than you know.

    Cheers!

    B
  • Okay i'll send a mail to the support team. Thanks for your help!
    TaToosh
This discussion has been closed.