1password 4 firefox extension not downloading

Every time I try to add the extension I get "the add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure on agilebits.com"

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:v3-extension-firefox

Comments

• danmiami
    danmiami
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Attached screen capture of error

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @danmiami,

Do you have Avast, Bullguard, or BitDefender installed? If yes, they're blocking the connection to our server in Firefox and you would need to download the file manually before installing the extension instead of Firefox installing it right off the link. Here's how: https://support.1password.com/cannot-install-extension/

• danmiami
    danmiami
    Community Member

Neither one - I use BitDefender, added your URL and it still did not work. It appears to be Firefox blocking you. I suggest updating your Firefox page on how to do this manually.

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @danmiami,

I'm not sure what you mean or what you did, whitelisting our URL wouldn't help because the extension is downloaded from our CDN, not our site and BitDefender would still block it regardless. In fact, we mentioned BitDefender on the same article. I'll update my post to include BitDefender as well.

Did you try downloading it manually like the article suggested and see if it works?

Firefox is not blocking us, we have not reproduced this issue on any of our computers and in 100% of the cases we've seen, it was the AV that've blocked us.

• danmiami
    danmiami
    Community Member

I copied the link, downloaded it with another browser, then added it to Firefox.

• What was the error? Can you provide a screenshot of what it said?

Also, can you tell me what version of Firefox you're using?

This discussion has been closed.