Price of future upgrade

Hi,

I've just bought the Mac OS X version on the App Store and as I also use Windows, I would like to buy 1Password for Windows. However, I'm afraid that you will soon release a future release and that I will have to pay again the upgrade :(

On Mac OS X, there is 1password 5 and on Windows, there is 1passowrd 4...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @tnalias,

1Password will not have identical versions across all platforms. For an example, 1Password on iOS is at version 6.0.1 while 1Password on Mac is at 5.4, and Android is at 4. However, we do push updates to all 1Password apps as much as we can to provide feature parity, in other words, 1Password 4 for Windows should have most of the features of 1Password 5 for Mac.

First, we don't have any information on when the next version of 1Password for Windows will be available. When it is close to being ready for a major public beta test, that's when everyone will know about the next version and the pricing for it. There's a chance it can even be a free upgrade.

For an example, we do sometime provide a long grace period for free upgrades such as when 1Password 4 for Windows was released in mid 2014, we provided everyone who purchased 1Password 1.x since 2013 a free upgrade and before 2013, they can grab it at an even more discounted upgrade price.

Also, you do not have to pay the full price for the Windows license. Send in your proof of purchase from the Mac App Store to us at support+licenses@agilebits.com and we will give you a big discount on the Windows license to match the price of our Mac+Windows bundle license that we sell at our store.

• tnalias
    tnalias
    Community Member

Thank you very much for your quick answer. I really appreciate Mike! How can I send you my proof of purchase? Best regards.

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @tnalias,

You can forward the receipt email from iTunes team to us at support+licenses@agilebits.com. If you don't have it yet, you can take a screenshot of the purchase details in your iTunes application on the Mac. here's how: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204088

• tnalias
    tnalias
    Community Member

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate.

• Hi @tnalias,

You're absolutely welcome!

I don't see your email yet, I'm searching with your forum email account but no results. If you did send it, someone from our email team will respond ASAP. If you haven't seen any replies from us within 24-48 hours, please let me know here and I'll follow it up for you.

• tnalias
    tnalias
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Your support is awesome ! I've not used the same email it is why you don't find my email. I've just sent it and I have mentioned this post so that you can easily understand the case. Best regards and thank you for your premium support !

• Thanks for the kind feedback. :smile:

You're welcome. We're here anytime, so if you ever need any further assistance or have questions, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.