1 Password Pro continues to insert December 19, 1963 as my birthdate, even though correctly entered

Options
SteveJay7
SteveJay7
Community Member

THIS PROBLEM IS STILL HAPPENING. WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED?

1 Password Pro continues to insert December 19, 1963 as my birthdate, even though I have correctly entered and the program show 04-27-1948 as my birthdate. please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

khad
khad

AgileBits Team Member
May 22
Hi @SteveJay7,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Could you tell me which version of 1Password you are using?
…and on which platform?
When you say "insert" are you referring to filling an Identity item?
If so, could you tell me which browser?
With some additional details, I'm sure we can get things resolved quickly.

Cheers!

SteveJay7
SteveJay7

May 22
Latest version of both 1 password and Mac OSX

SteveJay7
SteveJay7

May 22
Safari latest version. Clicked one password to fill in a travel sweepstakes entry. But this happened several times before; whenever I clicked 1 password to fill in date of birth.

khad
khad

AgileBits Team Member
May 22
Thanks for writing back, @SteveJay7. I was hoping you could provide the actual version numbers. If there is a problem with automatic updates, you may not be using the latest version. I don't suspect that is a factor here, but knowing the exact version numbers is helpful for other reasons as well.

Please do let me know the version numbers if at all possible.

What I would like you for you try in the meantime is creating a brand new Identity item and filling that in the browser:

Adding an Identity

Just to confirm, though, the issue you are having is when filling an Identity item, correct? Not a Login or a Credit Card item? 1Password can fill all three of those item types in the browser, so I just want to be sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree.

Also, does this happen on every site or just a specific one? If it's a specific one, could you provide the URL? That will help us better assist you.

Cheers!

SteveJay7
SteveJay7

May 22
Safari: Version 8.0.6 (10600.6.3). 1 Password 5: Version 5.3.1 (531001). Yes identity item -- birthdate only is problem. Happens at every site that asks for birth date. Been meaning to email you about it, finally decided to do so today.

SteveJay7
SteveJay7

May 22
Have created new identity2 as requested. Shows up when I run mouse over "Identities."

khad
khad

AgileBits Team Member
May 22
Perfect. Thanks so much, @SteveJay7. And I'm glad you did contact us about this. That would drive me crazy too. :)

Does the issue persist when you try filling the newly created Identity item?

SteveJay7
SteveJay7

May 22
YES. problem persists! Just clicked identity2 and it entered December 19, 1963 on
http://www.edenrocfamilyvacation.com

khad
khad

AgileBits Team Member
May 23 edited May 23
Wow. That's bananas, @SteveJay7! I tested with my wife's birthday and my own birthday, and it fills correctly. I was scratching my head as to why you would be seeing something different. So I decided to put in your birthday that you provided above. As soon as I did that it filled December 19, 1963 for me as well.

I'm not sure what is going on here, but I reproduced exactly what you were seeing. My apologies that it took this long. Thanks for sticking with me.

For now, you'll need to set the birthdate yourself, but I've reported this to the developers for resolution in a future update.

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help.

Cheers!
ref: OPX-1001

SteveJay7
SteveJay7

May 23
did you see if problem occurs for other dates in april 1948? or will developers handle that? Pls advise when they have a fix.

khad
khad

AgileBits Team Member
May 23
We'll work to track it down more closely, and I've made a note to reply here when the fix is available. I just can't promise a specific timeframe.

Referrer: forum-search:Birthday incorrect

Comments

• SteveJay7
    SteveJay7
    Community Member
    Options

1 Password Pro continues to insert December 19, 1963 as my birthdate, even though I have correctly entered and the program show 04-27-1948 as my birthdate. please help.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SteveJay7,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

1. Could you tell me which version of 1Password you are using?
    2. …and on which platform?
    3. When you say "insert" are you referring to filling an Identity item?
    4. If so, could you tell me which browser?

With some additional details, I'm sure we can get things resolved quickly.

Cheers!

• SteveJay7
    SteveJay7
    Community Member
    Options

Latest version of both 1 password and Mac OSX

• SteveJay7
    SteveJay7
    Community Member
    Options

Safari latest version. Clicked one password to fill in a travel sweepstakes entry. But this happened several times before; whenever I clicked 1 password to fill in date of birth.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for writing back, @SteveJay7. I was hoping you could provide the actual version numbers. If there is a problem with automatic updates, you may not be using the latest version. I don't suspect that is a factor here, but knowing the exact version numbers is helpful for other reasons as well.

Please do let me know the version numbers if at all possible.

What I would like you for you try in the meantime is creating a brand new Identity item and filling that in the browser:

Adding an Identity

Just to confirm, though, the issue you are having is when filling an Identity item, correct? Not a Login or a Credit Card item? 1Password can fill all three of those item types in the browser, so I just want to be sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree.

Also, does this happen on every site or just a specific one? If it's a specific one, could you provide the URL? That will help us better assist you.

Cheers!

• SteveJay7
    SteveJay7
    Community Member
    Options

Safari: Version 8.0.6 (10600.6.3). 1 Password 5: Version 5.3.1 (531001). Yes identity item -- birthdate only is problem. Happens at every site that asks for birth date. Been meaning to email you about it, finally decided to do so today.

• SteveJay7
    SteveJay7
    Community Member
    Options

Have created new identity2 as requested. Shows up when I run mouse over "Identities."

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Perfect. Thanks so much, @SteveJay7. And I'm glad you did contact us about this. That would drive me crazy too. :)

Does the issue persist when you try filling the newly created Identity item?

• SteveJay7
    SteveJay7
    Community Member
    Options

YES. problem persists! Just clicked identity2 and it entered December 19, 1963 on
    http://www.edenrocfamilyvacation.com

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

Wow. That's bananas, @SteveJay7! I tested with my wife's birthday and my own birthday, and it fills correctly. I was scratching my head as to why you would be seeing something different. So I decided to put in your birthday that you provided above. As soon as I did that it filled December 19, 1963 for me as well.

I'm not sure what is going on here, but I reproduced exactly what you were seeing. My apologies that it took this long. Thanks for sticking with me.

For now, you'll need to set the birthdate yourself, but I've reported this to the developers for resolution in a future update.

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help.

Cheers!
    ref: OPX-1001

• SteveJay7
    SteveJay7
    Community Member
    Options

did you see if problem occurs for other dates in april 1948? or will developers handle that? Pls advise when they have a fix.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We'll work to track it down more closely, and I've made a note to reply here when the fix is available. I just can't promise a specific timeframe.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @SteveJay7,

I merged your new thread with your existing thread on this issue.

I'm sorry to hear this is still happening for you but unfortunately I do not have further information to share at this point. I noticed you opened this new thread in the iOS forum... Is this affecting iOS as well as Mac for you? If so, have you updated to 1Password 6 for iOS?

Please let us know.

Ben

• SteveJay7
    SteveJay7
    Community Member
    Options

Yes am up to date re 1password on ios. but almost never use 1 password browser on ios devices (have both iPhone and iPad) because of inability to have browser extensions; do open 1 password to look up entires if safari doesnt fill them in. problem therefore has only arisen on MacBook

• SteveJay7
    SteveJay7
    Community Member
    Options

should have left comment ion MacBook section. sorry about that.

• Ben
    Options

Okay, thanks SteveJay7. Sorry for the delayed reply, but I'll be sure to let our Mac team know this is still causing problems.

That said 1Password does have an extension for Safari on iOS now:
    https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/enable-extension.html

Ben

• SteveJay7
    SteveJay7
    Community Member
    Options

Still not fixed. In addition the new version consistently crashes twice before opening. I have reinstalled three times. Same result. Using 9.0.2

• Hi @SteveJay7,

I took a look at the bug that was filed (OPX-1001) to see if I could help it along a little. I did some research and discovered that the bug is in our Mac (and iOS) apps, and not in our browser extension. The browser extension is filling correctly... in that it's filling the information the app sends it. I suspect you'll see the same issue on iOS if you were to try there.

While digging into it, I found that it's more serious than we originally thought. I've upped the bug's severity and moved it to be in the team that needs to get this fixed. It's now OPM-3348.

Obviously this is really annoying for you. The best workaround I can think of for you would be to set your birthday in your identity to be in the year 2048 instead of 1948. I did a few tests and this seems to work on a few websites and should bypass our bug.

We'll do our best to get this squashed so that you can return to the correct year in your Identity. Until then I hope the workaround works for you.

Rick

• SteveJay7
    SteveJay7
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much. Have made change to 2048, will advise next time it gets activated. Thanks also for you guys fixing slow start for app on iOS. Much better now. Still hope you and Apple and work out better way to work together for Safari on IOS.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

While I'm sorry that you were (un)lucky enough to get hit by both of these bugs, I'm glad that we were able to get 1Password for iOS working better for you. We'll get this date issue fixed for you too, and then we'll see what's next on the agenda. :pirate:

• Charles Butcher
    Charles Butcher
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar problem: for a while now 1Password has been entering my birthday of 31 December 1960 as 20 December 1963 – one day after SteveJay7 was "born". Does that help to track down whatever bit of dodgy maths is to blame?

I'm using 1Password 5.4.1 on OS X 10.11.2. I'd guess the issue for me goes back a couple of months, so it certainly happened on 10.11.1 and maybe before that. The problem occurs in Safari and Firefox.

Following Rick's suggestion, changing my birth year to 2048 seems to have fixed the problem, at least on the first DOB form field I could find: www.dayofbirth.co.uk. Thanks for that tip. I hope you can fix the bug, though.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Charles Butcher,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about this! I'm sorry you're also being affected by this bug. The problem happens for all birthdates before 1970.

The good news is that this has been fixed in a beta version. So, barring any unforeseen circumstances, the fix should be included in the next stable update (although I don't have a timeframe for when that will be available). In the meantime, I apologize for the inconvenience!

If you have more questions about that or need anything else, we're here for you! :)

ref: OPM-3348

• Charles Butcher
    Charles Butcher
    Community Member
    Options

This is interesting. I'm 55 now, and it's the first time I have suffered age discrimination :-O

Seriously, I'm glad to hear a fix is on the way (and for the flickering window too). Keep up the great work. I couldn't survive without 1P.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm happy to hear you're enjoying 1Password so much, Charles! (Aside from that bug, of course.) We certainly don't like age-discriminating bugs, so I'm glad this one has been squashed. :lol:

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

This discussion has been closed.