How do I view my data?

jgwdoc
jgwdoc
Community Member

Simple question from a new user: I see no obvious way to view my data when I look at an item. The only way to see the data seems to be to launch Edit mode, which is ridiculous. Is there no simple way to just view the information under each item?

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS9.02
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do i see my data

Comments

• jgwdoc
    jgwdoc
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Seriously, is there no way to see the contents of any note, log-in file, etc without going into edit mode? If so, this program is utterly useless and I just wasted $10. Or is this a glitch on my device? If I touch an item in any category, it fails to show me anything unless I hit the edit button. Do you not have a moderator who can answer such a simple question?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I use 1P6 on my iPhone and iPad, also with iOS 9.0.2. If I display the categories, select a category and then tap on an individual item the details of that item immediately display for me. (The only thing that won't display immediately is any password—but that's only because I have them concealed so I have to tap to choose reveal for a password field.)

There is something clearly wrong if 1P6 does not work the same way for you. To be absolutely clear, are you saying that no item at all will display that way, unless you choose to edit it?

Stephen

• jgwdoc
    jgwdoc
    Community Member

Honestly, it was very odd, but really seems to have been secondary to a glitched download. I deleted and reinstalled the App, and now the functionality seems normal. Thanks for getting back to me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! I'm glad to hear that a fresh copy of the app is working as expected. You should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.