Importing notes from Microsoft Outlook

Options

I am appalled that 1Password does not support importing notes from Microsoft Outlook as notes in 1Password. I can’t be the only one with a thousand notes I need to import. I can’t imagine recommending 1Password to a Windows user. I wish I had done more research before wasting $50.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:import notes outlook, kb-search:outlook, kb-search:import, kb:import, kb:create-csv-files

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @Jay_Brothwell ,

I've been writing converters for about 1.5 years now, and this is the first request I've ever read on the forums for Outlook Notes. So, I'd say, there isn't much demand for this.

Can Outlook export those notes (I don't recall, nor have Outlook installed anymore)? And if so, what formats?

Its not clear if you're just venting your disappointment and frustration, or have let it get the best of you and are moving on. But please do recognize there are HUNDREDs of note taking, password management, license management, etc. apps out there on the various platforms supported by 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jay_Brothwell: Indeed. I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a difficult time, but there is still hope! While 1Password itself doesn't understand how to read Microsoft's file formats (and really, who does, these days?), MrC may be able to help you convert it into a usable format for import, as he has helped many others. :)

• Jay_Brothwell
    Jay_Brothwell
    Community Member
    Options

"Sigh"... First, an apology for the histrionics. It was a long day. No need for me to take it out on you guys.
    1Password is growing on me. I’m sure it will become my go-to notes app. In the meantime…
    Microsoft Outlook 2010 exports notes as a set of comma separated values; AKA, “a csv file”. Below is an example of the general form of the csv file. It would be nice to be able to import a csv file as a set of secure notes.

Thank you.

CVS Example
    "Note Body","Categories","Note Color","Priority","Sensitivity"
    "Random thoughts

line 1
    line 2
    line n",,"3","Normal","Normal"

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Jay_Brothwell ,

No worries, we all have those days, or sometimes need to vent some steam.

I'm happy to create a converter for you. Please download the converter suite and look at the process as described in the README.pdf. If you are interested in going this route, I'll get you a converter shortly.

This discussion has been closed.