Not a huge problem, & loyal user here

zo219
zo219
Community Member
  • but wouldn't it be nice if 1P inserted the log and pass in the app, instead of going to your browser, which is not what is wanted at all. I do get tired of copy and paste. Or is there something I'm missing? With username and pw, that makes two back and forths, made slightly easier with the new peekaboo pages or whatever they're called.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.4.8
OS Version: iOS 9.0.2, OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

If you're talking about browser logins (as opposed to logins to other apps) you have at least two options to avoid the copy/paste route:

1. you can click on the login link saved in 1P and have it open in the built-in 1P browser (with the relevant login details completed);
    2. you can use Safari and fill in saved 1P login details if you enable to the 1P Safari extension.

This knowledge base article has a lot of relevant information:

How do I fill Logins into other apps on iOS?

(Incidentally, the only reason I referred to "at least two options" is because there are other browsers on iOS which support the 1P extension, like iCab Mobile which I use.)

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@zo219: Indeed, 1Password (or any iOS extension) is only able to function in another app if its developer adds support for it, but Safari fully supports the 1Password extension. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• zo219
    zo219
    Community Member

Yeah, it's filling in passwords/logins in other iOS apps .... where I don't want to browse thru your browser, but unlock or sign on in an app. Is that not clear? This is where the copy and paste makes me nuts, end up leaving faves in Notes ....
    Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yeah, it's filling in passwords/logins in other iOS apps .... where I don't want to browse thru your browser, but unlock or sign on in an app. Is that not clear?

@zo219: Yep! I'm merely offering an alternative since it isn't possible for us to force other developers to support our extension; but if you reach out to them they may listen! We're always happy to help other developers add support for the 1Password extension to make the lives of our mutual customers easier. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.