Sync on Win 8.1 producing blank entries

Options
MikeWo
MikeWo
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When I perform a sync on my Nokia 920 with the Alpha (v1.1508.60.0) I get a bunch of blank entries. If I tap on them I can it just comes up with a blank entry with the title of 0. When I look on my Windows PC app (v 4.6.0.586) I don't see them. I'm syncing via OneDrive.

Any ideas on how I can correct this? It seems like each time I sync I get more of them.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: OneDrive

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry you're having that problem, @MikeWo; I haven't heard of that happening before.

Please uninstall the app from your phone, visit the Windows 10 Store, install the latest build (1.1508.143.0) of the 1Password Alpha app, go through the "quick tour," and let the load your OneDrive-synced vault (folder) again; then let us know whether the problem persists.

By the way, is your 1Password data in a .opvault or .agilekeychain folder?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015
    Options

Oh, golly—I just realized the subject specifies Windows 8.1; I had focused on "Windows 10" in the footer of your message. I apologize for the confusion!

You do have the latest build for Windows 8.1, and I've not heard of that problem before.

So, which folder type is your 1Password data stored in?

Also, you might try these two things in 1Password for Windows:

• Emptying the Trash

• Choosing File > Repair 1Password Vault

Please let us know whether either of those helps.

(By the way, if you have a way to update your phone to Windows 10, you'll be able to keep up with all future enhancements to the 1Password for Windows Modern app.)

• MikeWo
    MikeWo
    Community Member
    Options

My turn to apologize. I didn't realize you had responded. I didn't get a notification. I'm still on Windows Phone 8.1 (1Password Alpha 1.1508.60.0), but 1Password for Windows running on Windows 10 (4.6.0.604).

This issue is still occurring. I only get the blank entries on the phone. They don't show up on the desktop. I've tried both emptying the trash and the repair. The repair said there was nothing wrong.

The 1Password data is stored in an .opvault stored on OneDrive.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MikeWo: No worries! And I do apologize for any confusion here: a lot has changed these past months!

The 1Password Windows Store app no longer supports Windows 8, as Microsoft's Universal Windows Platform is Windows 10 only now, and the new 1Password app along with it. So while you're free to continue using the alpha, it won't receive further updates (the app has been in beta for months now).

I wasn't able to find clear information on whether or not Windows 10 is available for your model (though Microsoft has claimed that all Lumias should get the update), but you can check it yourself. I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.