Login dialogue box is different on two different, but nearly identical Windows 8 computers

Options

I have two Windows 8 computers that are nearly identical (one at home and one at work). On one, the dialogue box is a nice, compact affair that is displayed on top of the currently-open window. On the other, the entire screen is blue, with the smaller dialogue box displayed in the center. Screenshots attached. I've looked at all the preferences and searched the guides and support forums, but didn't find anything. Any ideas?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Windows 8
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:dialogue box

Comments

• donerwin
    donerwin
    Community Member
    Options

I see that the screenshot PDF attachment is not allowed. I have one, so let me know how to attach it if you want to see it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@donerwin: Unfortunately it appears that something happened to the screenshots. And I'm afraid I can't think of what you'd be referring to off the top of my head. Are you certain that what your describing is from 1Password, and that you're using the same version of 1Password and the browser extensions on both machines? To include the screenshots in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks in advance! We'll get to the bottom of this! :)

• donerwin
    donerwin
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your prompt reply! It wouldn't let me post a PDF file, so here are JPG images. I have my two laptops side by side and everything appears to be identical.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@donerwin: Aha! Thank you!

The first screenshot is the Master Password prompt for the 1Password extension. It needs you to unlock your vault before it can show you any logins, for instance.

The second screenshot is the Secure Desktop prompt, which is a Windows feature that 1Password can use to prevent other processes from intercepting input. This can be used for the main 1Password app's unlock screen and/or for the extension, depending on your preferences. I hope this helps! :)

• donerwin
    donerwin
    Community Member
    Options

Un-checking the "Unlock on Secure Desktop" on the blue-screen computer in Preferences > Browsers did the trick. So, apparently, my two computers were not set up identically. Thanks!

• It looks like it. Glad to hear that @brenty's tips helped.

This discussion has been closed.