Upgraded to 1Password 4 and now I when trying to log in, the login dialog timesout

Options

This has been happening since I upgraded to 1Password 4. Every time I try to open 1Password from Program Menu, the login dialog will come up, I get about 5 characters typed in, it disappears and I have to kill exe's to try again. Plugins from browsers lock up and display "https://agilebits.com/browsers/welcome.html" but never get any further. Any ideas? I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, no difference.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Upgraded to 1Password 4 and now I when trying to log in, the login dialog timesout

Comments

• That is a rather odd thing to happen. Not to mention that it must be extremely annoying for you.

When you say the login dialogue comes up, are you referring to the main 1Password window, or do you have 'Unlock on Secure Desktop' enabled and you get a login window in the middle of the screen?

Out of interest: Which kind of anti-malware software are you using?

• PamprdCheryl
    PamprdCheryl
    Community Member
    Options

It's the middle of the screen log in, probably Secure Desktop is on. But can't open it to check settings or turn it off. I use MalwareBytes as my anti-malware software.

• Hi @PamprdCheryl,

That's the Secure Desktop dialog. Try to open the main 1Password program to bring up the secure desktop dialog again but this time press the ESC key on your keyboard to cancel it.

Once you do this, you should see the regular unlock screen. Enter your master password to unlock and click on the Preferences button. Go to the Browsers section and uncheck the option for Unlock on Secure Desktop. Press OK and then go to the File Menu > Exit in 1Password.

Open 1Password, does everything appear to be stable now?

• PamprdCheryl
    PamprdCheryl
    Community Member
    Options

THANK YOU!!!! I wish I had asked this question weeks ago. I can now enjoy using 1Password again. 8-)

• You're absolutely welcome. It looks like your specific Windows+MalwareBytes configuration won't allow 1Password to use Secure Desktop Unlock. If you're okay with just using regular unlock from now on, we can leave it alone for now.

If you change your mind and want the secure desktop, let us know and we'll try to figure it out.

As for questions, we're here all the time to help, please shoot all of your questions to us anytime you want.

This discussion has been closed.