Dropbox mismatched after clean install on 6s + iCloud reset quandary = had better days...

Poppyontheroad
Poppyontheroad
Community Member

Because I have various versions of OS X for various reasons, I only have 1Password installed on IOS devices-2 iPads, iPhone iOS9 on all, but never on Mac.
When I got the 6s I restored from encrypted b/u, and everything from 5s came over fine. Today I wiped the 6s, started from scratch, and now my Dropbox sync is mismatched. I have checked the folder path, and they are the same on all devices. my iPads have 53 items and thats correct.
The 6s syncs to the Dropbox folder and pulls down only 4. Its a weird collection of 4 as well, from random days I've made new passwords...however, after hours of hunting I did a successful manual backup of the iPad and installed the backup file onto the 6s, and now it, too has all 53 items. But it will not sync correctly.
I have turned off syncing on the iPad in fear that the phones 4 items will override the existing 53 until I hear further.
So, I thought that since I will be updating all the OS X to the same version in a month I can now move to an iCloud sync and forget about my Dropbox troubles.
But, No. Apparently, when I first set up 1Password I started syncing with iCloud, but then when I recall I couldn't because of the OS X all matching restriction and had to move to Dropbox I abandoned my iCloud setup. I don't have any clue what my iCloud syncing password is, as my 6s 'found' existing data and wanted to 'merge'. I do NOT want this, but I cannot get around it. I can't wipe my iCloud 1Password data from OS X. I downloaded from the site to follow the instructions, and the 'Reset iCloud Data' tab is not on my screen...
I am bewildered. I am not ready to use 1Password on OS X at the moment, so just require iOS to sync with iCloud, if its going to share nicely.
I would rather use iCloud, but I just want something that works like it used to...That guy with the post it notes might be onto something...

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Poppyontheroad,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us with this difficulty. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble, and for the delayed reply.

The first thing I would recommend doing is making a backup of each of your iOS devices:
    https://support.1password.com/ios-itunes-backups/

Then turn off all syncing from within 1Password.

Then erase the data in iCloud using the 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Erase iCloud Data option (it is the last item in the Advanced menu, at the very bottom, in red).

From one of the iPads turn on iCloud sync and wait ~20 minutes. Uninstall 1Password from the iPhone 6S and reinstall it. Then turn iCloud sync on for the other devices, and set up the iPhone 6S.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.