Feature Request: Button inside 1pass iOS that opens installed app on phone instead of browser window

robhgilmore
robhgilmore
Community Member

I'm not sure if feature requests are a thing you do, or if this one is possible on iOS, but I'd love to see it in the future. You open the iOS 1password app, search for the login and then there is a button that says "open app and fill" that opens the installed app if you've got it, then autofills login and password. or just opens the app with the password copied to the clipboard.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Open apps instead of urls

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@robhgilmore: We aren't guaranteed to implement all requested features, but e're always open to suggestions. And that's a cool idea! I would say that there's one caveat though: it sounds like 1Password would need to scan installed apps in order for it to know. And of course due to sandboxing there isn't a way for iOS apps to open each other directly. Sometimes URL schemes can be used this way, but that can also pose a security risk. That said, it's certainly something we can consider for a future version, provided it measures up technologically and security-wise. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.