Adding another vault

Options

Hello

as of today i have the full version of 1 password on my laptop,my wife and i already used 1password in our iphones.

the question is,can i add the vault of my wife to 1password 4 on the laptop,next to my own vault? so that i can manage both
vaults.

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:second vault

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi @Chrismc1979,

Yes, you can switch between different vaults that you and your wife have. You can ask 1Password to open your wife's vault via the File Menu > Open 1Password Vault in the main program.

1Password will switch to this vault and ask you to unlock the vault with the master password that your wife uses. When you're done, you can click on the vault icon on the toolbar or the File Menu to switch back to your previous vault. This can be done via the extension as well.

• Chrismc1979
    Chrismc1979
    Community Member
    Options

that worked perfectly,thank you for the explanation.

I realy like 1password,it made my life easier.

• You're welcome, @Chrismc1979.
    Thank you for the praise! Making our customers' lives easier is what we strive for.

• Chrismc1979
    Chrismc1979
    Community Member
    Options

And the way 1password works with the browsers is easy,even for the devices within my LAN.

the only thimg left to say is... keep up the good work :blush:

• Hi @Chrismc1979,

We absolutely will and you can help us do that as well. Let us know if there's anything we can do to make 1Password better for you and/or what you'd like to see in 1Password.

Thanks for your kind feedback on 1Password.

• Chrismc1979
    Chrismc1979
    Community Member
    Options

There is one small thing,and its not even your problem,or a malfunction of 1password,
    before apple roled out io9,safari had his own password generator,i have noticed thats its gone sinds ios9,if i want to generate a password,i have to switch between 1password and safari,perhaps you can link 1password to safari in the future,of do i have to use the browser of 1password?

• Hi @Chrismc1979,

1Password extension for Safari does let you create new Logins and generate a new password for it.

Here's what you can do:

1. Enable the extension for Safari: https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/enable-extension.html
    2. Create a new Login item on the site, you can just leave the password empty, so that you can generate it on the fly before saving it: https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/create-new-login-safari.html

I hope that helps.

• Chrismc1979
    Chrismc1979
    Community Member
    Options

I will try that tomorrow,thanks again for the advice :blush:

• You're welcome!

• Chrismc1979
    Chrismc1979
    Community Member
    Options

Thank for that tip aswell :blush:

I have bought a license of 1password for windows,can i install 1password on a second laptop/pc and use the same
    license key?

• Hi @Chrismc1979,

Yes, you can also store the license key as a Software License item in your 1Password database and use that to copy the license key on any additional PCs you have.

For your 1Password for Windows license, you can install it on any number of PCs you have in any locations and you can share the license key with up to 5 family members.

This discussion has been closed.