Chrome Extension

Options

Another question regarding the 1Password Chrome Extension. I installed it but I am prompted that I need a 1Password Helper. My work computer is like Fort Knox. I am not able to install any software whatsoever. The only things I can get through are extensions or add-ons in Chrome. All Windows executables fail. What is required when trying to use the Chrome Extension? I won't be able to install the full 1Password application so hopefully I can bypass this somehow? Maybe I can copy a file to my work PC that talks with the extension? Please let me know. Being unable to access 1Password and having to manually type my passwords will be a major downfall.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What is required when trying to use the Chrome Extension? I won't be able to install the full 1Password application so hopefully I can bypass this somehow?

@mbnocx: No. The 1Password extensions depend on the main 1Password app to store the data and the Helper to communicate with them to allow you to access it in the browser. We do not store your data in the browser. I'm sorry that I don't have better news for you, but this is simply part of 1Password's secure design. But if we can find a way to make it more flexible and portable in the future without adversely impacting security, we will. :)

This discussion has been closed.