Web Browser Extension Support

fifo1956
fifo1956
Community Member
edited October 2015 in Android

I own a Nexus 7 and as far as I'm concerned the 1Password built-in web browser is next to useless, as it does not allow me to login to one of the main banks that I use, www.nab.com.au. This forces me to use Google Chrome to login and cut/paste username/password. As I've just read, this copies the username/password to the clipboard, which may be unsafe.

Do you have any plans to solve this issue? Either a browser extension for Android or a better built-in browser. Actually, my experience shows that the build-in browser on Mac is also pretty hopeless I think the best way forward is to add support for a browser extension. Is there any plans to do this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @fifo1956. Are you aware of our custom keyboard for filling? If not, please have a look at our handy guide.

Essentially, you can enable the 1Password keyboard and accessibility service. Then, as long as the 1Password keyboard is active, you can fill into Chrome and other third-party apps, bypassing the clipboard. Please give that a try and see if it works for you.

That said, I was able to load and fill in the 1Browser on my own devices. Please make sure the URL you have saved with the item matches the login URL for the page. To test, I used this URL:
    https://ib.nab.com.au/nabib/index.jsp

Let me know how that goes. Thanks!

• fifo1956
    fifo1956
    Community Member

Hey @peri,

I have the same URL for the NAB as you suggested and it doesn't work on my Nexus 7 running the latest version of Android and 1Password. It attempts to connect to the URL but only displays a blank page. Regarding your other suggestion, I'm not happy with usernames/passwords stored in the log buffer.

Peter

• fifo1956
    fifo1956
    Community Member

Further comment regarding using the log buffer, surely this defeats the whole purpose of 1Password, if usernames/passwords are stored in a log buffer. As the handy hint states "This could be a concern if you’re sharing your Android phone or tablet with other people.”

Well, by implication, this is saying "If you don't share your phone or tablet with others" then you don't need 1Password, just store all your passwords in the log buffer. So, I'm very surprised that AgileBits would even make this suggestion.

Peter

• Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding the concern. What do you mean by storing the username and password in the "log buffer"? The 1Password keyboard for filling in externals apps and web browser communicates with our main app, and it respects all of your security settings.

This discussion has been closed.