WIFI Sync from Windows 10 to Galaxy S6

Options
adelmaniar
adelmaniar
Community Member

Hi,

Whenever I try to Wifi Sync from Windows 10 to Samsung S6, I keep getting the error - There was a temporary connection problem during sync. Please check the connection on both devices and try again

Some points to note:

-) Both devices are connected on the same WiFi
-) Android Version - 5.1.1
-) 1Password for Android - Version 4.5.3 - Premium features unlocked

Please help as there are multiple new entries added on both devices and would not want to lose out by uninstalling and retrying

Thank you in advance

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: WiFi Sync

Comments

• Hi @adelmaniar,

A few questions:

1. Do you see this error on the PC or on the S6?
    2. Can you check your date/time on both the computer and the S6 to make sure they're exactly the same, time drifting will prevent the sync from working for security reasons.
    3. Has it worked before or is this your first time setting up the Wi-Fi sync?
  • adelmaniar
    adelmaniar
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Mike,

Appreciate the prompt reply

Answers below

1) The error is shown on the S6
    2) The date and time on both devices are the same
    3) It has not worked before either. I have been trying this for over 2-3 months; felt there may have been some issues with the app and waited for updates to solve it. But the problem is still persistent

• Hi @adelmaniar,

I've moved your thread to the Android forum as they're better suited to help you with this issue. I'm sure @peri will reply to you soon.

• peri
    Options

Hi @adelmaniar. Since 1Password 4 on Android can only sync with the computer and vault that it was originally configured to sync with, it will ignore other computers on the network. It's possible that something has changed on your PC to make 1Password on Android ignore it, "thinking" that it's a different computer. Can you confirm that your PC has the complete vault? If so, let's reset the app on Android and reconfigure sync from scratch. This will delete everything from your Android's vault, so please be sure that everything is intact on Windows before continuing.

Then, go into your device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data." Once you've done that, you can launch 1Password 4 for Android and reconfigure WiFi sync as if for the first time. Please let us know if this does the trick!

• kbs
    kbs
    Community Member
    Options

Whenever I try to Wifi Sync from Windows 10 to nexus 5x android marshmallow, I keep getting the error - There was a temporary connection problem during sync. Please check the connection on both devices and try again

resetting the app on android did nothing. the same error as listed above occurs.

who can help?

• peri
    Options

Hey @kbs. I've responded to you in your other thread here. Please send in the reports, and we'll continue troubleshooting when we see them. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.