Update password prompt in Windows

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Updating passwords is far too difficult and error-prone.

Comments

• TheDetective
    TheDetective
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to mention that I have had the same problem with chrome not offering to update passwords. I have to manually paste in the newly generated password in the 1password desktop window. I am running 1Password 4 for windows and am using the latest version of chrome.

• TheDetective
    TheDetective
    Community Member
    Options

I just installed the latest beta version of 1Password, and it appears to have helped a great deal. I just changed several passwords, and 1Password correctly detected the change and offered to update the existing entry most of the time. Google is the most notable site that I still could not get 1Password to detect a change on.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TheDetective,

While the issues may be related the different platforms mean the solution or problem may not be. So I've split your posts off so we can discuss your case without cross-talk from the other :smile:

So it sounds like the 1Password for Windows beta has helped which is great. I'd like to investigate the Google issue though as that's a big site where we should be compatible.

Can you confirm the following for me please.

1. What version of the 1Password for Windows beta are you running?
    2. Can you confirm the exact version of Chrome please.
    3. What version of the 1Password extension is installed?

With that information I can make sure I'm testing the same setup as you as well as other standard configurations to see if we have a new bug or a regression etc.

• TheDetective
    TheDetective
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much for the quickly reply. I am using Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I am running 1Password 4.6.0.BETA-588. I am running version 45.0.2454.101 m (64-bit) of the Chrome browser, and I am using the non beta version 4.4.3.90 of the Chrome browser extension.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @TheDetective,

Would you be willing to try the beta of our 1Password Chrome Extension? we have made a modification in one of the betas regarding password change forms and better recognising them so I'm wondering if that might help here. Please do let us know if you find it doesn't help as we will continue to explore.

• TheDetective
    TheDetective
    Community Member
    Options

Just installed and tried the beta version 4.5.0.2 for Google Chrome, and did a password change on one of my google accounts, and it still did not detect the password change. I reported it via the Synapse.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @TheDetective,

Thank you for reporting it and for letting us know here too. We've had a spike in support requests so we're trying to make sure everybody is attended to but I will definitely investigate this at the earliest opportunity as we really need to be able to work with Google on all platforms.

This discussion has been closed.