1Password question from user of another password manager

Currently using productx (competitor's product) primarily on Windows 7/10, iOS and occasionally Mac. I have been trying out 1Password for a couple of days and have a couple of questions/suggestions:

1) I use Firefox and it always opens up the same tabs I had opened in the prior session. Sometimes Firefox has to be restarted during the course of the day. In productx I have set it to logout after all browsers have been closed for 15 minutes. This gives me time to relaunced Firefox etc and still not have to login to Lastpass again. With 1Passord settings it will lock the app the moment the browser is closed. Any way the timer could be added to the browser closing? I Looked at the other auto-lock options and those are not suitable since their conditions are either frequently met when I am still in front of the computer or I do not use the Window settings in question

2) I log into a Yahoo mail account. Yahoo has by default the Keep Me Logged in box automatically checked when the browser opens the login page. Productx would automatically uncheck that box and auto populate the login fields. With 1Passord and Yahoo I have to use the CTL+\ or use the browser plugin to auto fill the 2 fields on the login screen and remembers to uncheck the Keep Me Logged in box. I have forgotten to do the latter with 1Password and found out that the next time I started up Firefox I was still logged in. Is there anyway in 1Password to uncheck these keep me logged in boxes automatically?

3) I also log into multiple Gmail accounts at the same time. When I start up Firefox, one of the tabs is Gmail. Gmail has the username and password fields on 2 separate windows. As long as I have logged into productx,it will automatically fill in the username for the first Gmail account that I have to login to I then click on next button on the Gmail login screen and it will fill in the password field properly. I then click on Gmail's Add Account option in the upper right corner of the screen, under my Gmail account icon. A new gmail login page opens up and productx has automatically filled in the username for my second Gmail acct. I click next and productx fills in the password field automatically. I looked and could not find anyway in 1Password to do this.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows7 x64
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Fedup,

With 1Passord settings it will lock the app the moment the browser is closed. Any way the timer could be added to the browser closing?

Uncheck the option for Lock when web browser is closed and 1Password will not lock when the browser is closed and will lock either when you're not doing anything for 20 minutes (you can adjust this), computer is locked and/or screen saver comes on. For the inactivity option, it means that you're not using your keyboard or mouse. So if you close the browser and you have the inactivity set to 5 minutes, 1Password will automatically lock when you don't use the keyboard/mouse again for 5 minutes.

We do not plan to add additional timers, it slows down your computer the more monitors we add to your system.

Is there anyway in 1Password to uncheck these keep me logged in boxes automatically?

1Password does remember the checkbox state when it saves your data, so that it can check or uncheck it in next time. If you uncheck the box first and 1Password saves it, it will uncheck the box next time. It uses the field values to match what it is supposed to do next time.

As a global option to uncheck the boxes for all items, there isn't one. The best way to do this is to use your browser in its private browsing mode, this will ensure all of your websites are not logged in when you close the browser.

For now, you can edit the item in 1Password to remove the checkbox field and that will prevent 1Password from checking it next time and you can manually uncheck before submitting the form.

If you want to force 1Password to uncheck the box, the best option is to re-save the Login manually and 1Password will restore it properly next time.

A new gmail login page opens up and productx has automatically filled in the username for my second Gmail acct. I click next and productx fills in the password field automatically. I looked and could not find anyway in 1Password to do this. I looked and could not find anyway in 1Password to do this.

That's because 1Password does not auto-fill without your intervention first, this is a security issue. You have to invoke 1Password to auto-fill on each page with the shortcut.

If a site is infected, it can add an iframe to add the gmail login page, it could fool a password manager to fill it in automatically, moves it to the next page, and once the password is retrieved, it can redirect user to a different webpage to steal the data that the password manager could fill without your intervention. This has been proven in a security paper earlier this year and the worst part is that it can be done without the user seeing the iframe. That's why 1Password does not support this and we're not likely to change this in the near future.

This discussion has been closed.